Rock Band: Need Help With Vocals

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Jan 29, 2008.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone have any suggestions with vocals on Rock Band? Trying to move up to hard on everything to advance on the world tour but keep dying trying to do vocals, particularly hitting low pitch notes. Good example is on "Should I stay or Should I go?" as this song just gives me fits and being almost all low pitch vocals can only get about 15% into it before dying, which leads me to believe I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.

Suggestions?

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not good at vocal coaching, but a key thing to remember is that while pitch matters, the -octave- doesn't.

Music theory version: If you take a pitch and move it up or down 12 semitones, you'll be using a higher or lower voice but the game will be happy with you still.

If something goes too low for your register, throw pride into the wind and sing falsetto or generally try it in a higher voice.

</clunky ass music help>

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Listen to Vangelus, because he is right. I was a little disappointed that I din't sing as good as a thought. I was convinced I would nail Enter Sandman with out having to watch my pitch...and failed. :( 

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject of the vocals, can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Only on Easy, but everytime I try to sing something it indicates I'm singing in too high a pitch? The arrow thing is always above the word tracks on the chart. I've tried adjusting the mic sensitivity and the mic volume, but nothing to seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

5. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

Easy and Medium vocals aren't too bad, sometimes it's just how steady to are, sometimes even how loud you are.

It also isn't so much just what the line says, it's also emulating the song. Like singing a Sabbath song with the voice of Ozzy will get you a 90% I noticed. So even a good singer can do badly on a song they don't know, regardless of the pitch line and words.