Rock Band Drum Set WTF

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Poho, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    My rock band drumset will randomly decide that I am missing notes that I'm not. I'll be doing a repetitive sequence...or ANY sequence, really...and it will just randomly decide not to register a note. I know what many of you are thinking, so I'll go ahead and respond to arguments now:

1)It's pretty easy to tell when you've physically not hit one of the pads. I can assure you these notes I'm "missing" I really am hitting.

2)It's also really obvious when you hit a note you weren't supposed to. I definitely know that this is not what's happening. (lol, it does happen from time to time though)

3)It is not an issue of pressure or which part I am hitting. I know this because when the drumset isn't being a dumbass, I can hit soft, hard, or even hit the rims gently and it will register the note.

4)I'm not simply "early" or "late" or "off the beat". I don't want to sound arrogant, but I've been a musician basically my whole life (excluding earlier childhood of course). I play a lot of instruments, including the REAL drums, and I studied music in university. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell if I was off the beat.

So what the fuck is going on here? I don't think it's the set malfunctioning, because it registers most of the notes...but only occasionally decides to say "oh you know that note that you hit on the beat with the same force as the one right before it that was on the same pad? yeah you missed that one".
    Any insight?

Sorry for sounding like an ass about his, I'm just really ticked off. There are so many songs I should be getting 100% on, but it keeps telling me I'm missing notes that I'm not missing. Mind you, I'm obviously not perfect, I definitely do miss notes. But why is it saying I'm missing the ones I'm hitting correctly every now and then?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Is it a Rock Band 1 set?

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My first RB2 drumset did this and I had to exchange it, but it did it out of the box.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i dont remember if it was doing it out of the box...mainly because right when we first started playing i was terrible and missing notes constantly anyway. and it's RB1

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008