Rock Band Disappointment

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Dec 21, 2007.

1. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

Maybe in terms of gameplay I agree somewhat. But I find many of my friends have a vested interest in the storyline, characters, weapons, etc.

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    console shooters win, because you just plug em in, and they work every time

Computers are too much of a pain to get going for playing multiplayer shooters (or any game for that matter) and that's if you even have a good enough computer to run the game in the first place.

It's fun as hell when you do get them going, way better then any console game, but I've gone to plenty of LAN partys, and it ALWAYS takes us hours to set up, and something ALWAYS goes wrong lol

Now, if they made a keyboard and mouse set up for a console game, holy smokes, that would be awesome :p 

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

If people want challenging guitar songs, there's these games out called Guitar Hero...

I got Rock Band for Christmas, and we opened it early, and my family and I have a blast every time we play. Sure, my mom and I (the main vocalists, lol) complain about the song list (aren't there like 4 songs with a female lead?), but we still have fun. The downloadable content is a huge plus, too.

My own problem is that when I'm not singing, I'm doing drums. Drums are hard. I hope other people agree with this... or else I feel like an idiot. Sometimes I hit the red pad and it doesn't say I did. I may not be hitting it properly. I did the tutorial, too, but whatever. I get teased for my poor drumming skills.

Oh, and Halo is overrated. But then again I fail at it pretty bad. Which probably is the reason why I say it's overrated.

I just beat Bioshock, too! Great game.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

That would get me to play a FPS on a console.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

PS3 says hi!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    The Wii pretty much has that setup. The controls for MP3 and also Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 are flat out badass.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    What TT said. The PS3 supports USB Keyboard and mouse, or bluetooth.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Sega Dreamcast would like to have a word with you. :p 

9. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    I will purchase your misfortune for a fraction of the MSRP. Let me know. : P

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

The PS2 does as well. Half Life for the PS2 supported a keyboard and mouse. It was a bit awkward since I was used to a PC setup (monitor, keyboard and mouse all on the same table). The keyboard also made communication in that EQ PS2 game a lot easier.

11. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

But then you would be playing a type of game that, much more often than not, is still inferior. Who wants to bother with second rate graphics, frame rates and gameplay options and features? ;) 

12. DevilzFan

Good to know. I've been thinking about a PS3 now that I've got an HDTV finally. Mainly for the blu-ray player (right now), but also for gaming once more games I'm interested in hit the system.

Very true. Damn drippybot and his valid points! [​IMG]

13. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Iv'e yet to see a PC do better graphics then the 360, please show me :) 

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

http://pc.ign.com/objects/694/694190.html

But beyond that... I dunno. And even on top of that, I'm guessing you'd need a top of the line graphics card and PC to even be able to play the game to it's full potential without lag.

15. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

:lol 

Though at the risk that this is a serious post, check out one of the most recent examples of beautiful, Crysis.

*quick Google search*

Here is something from 2006.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1735

And mid-2007

http://www.crysis-online.com/?id=328

Basically it's the exception, rather than the rule, if an Xbox 360 version of a game looks better than it does on a PC. Can you name any?

16. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

You can get an X360 for under 300 dollars, to get those kind of graphics and consistent frame rates from a PC you'd need to spend some serious coin, and not everyone is well versed in making custom PC's.

17. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

What you've said is absolutely true. It's also the reason that the majority of the time, the console version of a game is inferior in a number of ways (graphics, gameplay options, etc). Further, as you inferred, PCs can pack some major hardware and be tweaked, updated, and upgraded constantly.

I would say the exception to the rule is sports games. Not the racing or air sims, but your standard Madden or NHL or Tiger games. Those tend to be much better on the consoles IMO. For whatever reason, PC users tend to get the shaft when it comes to controls or gameplay or features. I'm not sure why.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  18. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    That game looks pretty sweet! and I was serious yeah ,not trying to be a dick or anything, sorry if I came off that way, I've played gears of war, and man that game just looks beatiful. That crysis game, the models look good, btu the landscaping looks really fake, bad lighting, and it all looks really... like.. flat, dull and unrealistic.

CHeck out the hair on that one shaved dude in the pics, that looks killer. everything should look like that!

19. DevilzFan

Aye. EA's really given PC's the shaft in terms of Sports games. NHL 2008 is basically a port of the PS2 version, with none of the new features in the 360/PS3 versions. It's sad really, and one of the main reasons when I do buy a sports game, it's 2K sports for the consoles. They're not always better, but I'd rather support them until EA gives the PC games some love again.

And oh yes, Crysis looks fantastic. I'm currently upgrading my PC for that one heh. Got the DX10 vid card, got 4gb of RAM, now I just need a new mobo/processor, and Vista, then I'll be set to go.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya I would love to see a keyboard and mouse pack for the 360 for FPS

Ya but buying a PS3 just for a couple of FPS is a mighty expensive endeavor :lol  Especially for someone like myself who's not all that big of a gamer to begin with. On a sidenote though I am tempted to pick up Call of Duty 4 as it did look damn cool for playing online, even if I do have to stumble with the controls for a wile.

Anyway back to the main point, I just wish to issue a retraction of my previous statements and opinions made about this game. Having played it more before leaving on my bro's system I actually found myself getting much more into this game. Now I've cracked and bought myself the full kit for my own setup and now found myself very much enjoying the many aspects of the game. Wile I still think the guitar could have used some work with the notes (I don't know I find most of the guitar notes are too long and repetitive sometimes) it's still pretty good especially making your way further down and on higher difficulties. Playing the drums has proved to be a challenging yet fun task, and I've warmed up to a lot of the song list and have even DL a few. I just wish wile playing a solo career you could customize you bandmates as well as they stick you with a pretty motly looking crew so to speak.

Anyway... but ya feel free to mock me if you must but I've pulled a 180 and well I was wrong snapping to judge this one so quick.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008