Rock Band Disappointment

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Dec 21, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    My brother got his pre-order in and we started playing today, I have to say this has to be the biggest overly hyped and worse game yet I have played for the 360, just a huge letdown. First of all just awful songs, I think there were like 2-3 songs total we actually liked. Playing guitar on this thing was just so bad. Not only is it retarded easy it was just plain not fun and bored us to absolute tears. Not to mention the graphics's and overall game play were just bad, was this game designed by a kindergarten class or what? The drums were the only highlight so far but not nearly enough to pick up this game again. I tried the lyrics once but it was pretty lame as well just not fun, especially with songs I did not like in the slightest.

Anyway just my 2 cents, but ya Rock Band=Crap!

2. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Why would you buy a musically oriented game without looking at the soundtrack first? The song selection has been well known for quite some time and expressing disappointment about what was on there seems...odd.

Easy? Have you finished everything on expert already?

Bad graphics? Well, for a game that isn't about graphics at all, I think they are pretty good.

Sorry you're so disappointed.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry you feel that way.

I wish you weren't staff, so you could be on my ignore list. :lol 

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol  what?

Game of the forever!

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well like I said I didn't buy it and it's not my copy, I just happen to be able to play it with my brother and his friends. I didn't know anything about this game until today and am just giving my impressions of it. As for the graphics I have to say at least the Guitar Hero franchise made it look like something, Rock band it just looks like no effort was put into them at all.

6. McBradders

This -has- to be a joke post. Seriously.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Is it as hard as Guitar Hero? Nope.

Why? It was designed to be a party game, a game where people of all different skill levels can come together for a virtual band experience. It's not a great solo game, and was never designed to be. It was meant for a kid and his little brother to pick up and just have some fun.

As for the soundtrack, I'm with drippybot. Research before you buy!

8. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I passed on GHIII for Wii as I can't stand 90% of the song list, and Tom Morello is a raging hypocrite whom I also can't stand to listen to. Rock Band costs mroe and also has a song lineup I largely don't like.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey I'm just calling it as I see it :lol 

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Rock Band will evolve in hardness just like GH did. GHIII was leagues higher in difficulty than GHI, GHII, GH80's. I'm thinking it will be the same for Rock Band.

Also, Rock Band will have much more add ons as far as songs go.

Aside from the guitar crapping out on me with the downstrumming problem, I have no issues with the game. Hopefully the new guitar coming in will have no problems.

As far as the drums go, I'm getting KILLED in Hard and Expert. I may develop a shin splints soon! DAMN THAT FOOT PEDAL!

For the song list, all I have to say is this: LEARN TO FLY. And Reptilia, Say It Ain't So, Enter Sandman, Main Offender, Go with the Flow, etc etc.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  11. McBradders

Okay, because the artstyle is all but identical to GHI and II. 3 does not count because not only is it a fucking car wreck, it's completely different.

12. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

if you dont like at least half the song list on rock band you should just give up listening to music and stick to whatever albums you bought in middle school.

cuz its a pretty broad spectrum of "rock" music and has a lot that are not only good but are considered classics....

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I dont know anything about the game either, just that its a branch off of Guitar Hero but either wat I have never been inclined to play these games. I know Im in the minority but games like this just seem silly to me.

14. McBradders

Yeah, I know, like, why not put that time in to learning a real instrument eh?

Eh?

Eh?

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I agree; they've just never appealed to me at all.

16. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are rhythm games, which are a specific genre of games.

It's like saying I don't like FPSs and don't get why other people like them.

Which I don't.

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

While I don't care for rhythm games, my brother has all three GH and Rock Band. He's of the opinion that RB shits all over GH3 and from what I've seen I agree. Seems logical considering that RB was made by the GH1&2 developers while GH3 wasn't.

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    All of a sudden Im hyper ventilating, thinking of Parappa the Rappa

19. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

I'm a bass player myself and I own Guitar Hero 2/3 and RB for Xbox 360. While I can appreciate the games for their range of songs, the party aspect and for simply having something different to play, it's been a constant nuisance that they won't let you play bass on single player. I mean, ok Guitar Hero, but on Rock Band? :( 

Ok, so one might argue bass is a simplified guitar, both in notes and for the purposes of the game. Yes and no, but there's more to it. Structure, note spacing, sound, it all factors in. Basses get dissed, pure and simple.

Nevertheless, these games require some openness to a variety of music and friends who like to rock out with you. I usually can't get 3+ friends for Rock Band, but when I do, it's bliss. I guess the expensive controllers can be a turn off, but at least there's definite enjoyment to be had out of them, versus something like Steel Battalion which was a one-time thing.

20. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I don't like FPSs either, or rhythm games (haven't played RockBand, but Guitar Hero got really boring really fast). The minority seems to be growing.