Rock Band 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Razerwire, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bought it today and having lots of fun with the keytar. Haven't been able to get a good hang of the ProKey setting though.

Gonna probably buy the ProGuitar and the drums when they arrive on shelves.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm going to get RB3 a little later, haven't decided if I want to get the pro-guitar or keyboard yet.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New menu's gonna take some getting used to, but I like some of the new features such as being able to drop out right on the song menu or even in the middle of a song. Haven't tried out any of the pro or keyboard stuff yet though I'm looking foward to more songs coming to RB3.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know, I picked this up the other day and man does it feel underwhelming. I dont have the keyboard but I just feel like the whole music game thing has run it's course with me.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I love it, but it was definitely made with the hardcore in mind. The menu system and sorting are designed for people (and I confess I'm one of them) with lots of DLC and exported songs from older games, and the pro stuff is TOUGH. Still getting the hang of keys, but that hasn't been as hard as I expected. Years of piano lessons as a child probably help. I think it's the pinnacle of the genre and it's hard to imagine where it would go from here, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this one for a long time.

If anybody wants to play feel free to hit me up on Live.

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    My wife played piano for much of her life and she's having a little trouble with the keyboard. For her it's more of a calibration thing though, I think. Also the fact that the range is pretty much shrunken down to fit the keyboard size.

I'm wondering if I want to spend the money on the ProGuitar though. I'm not sure I can handle the 102 buttons. :lol 

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I gotta wait until Christmas to play it. Not bothering with the keytar or pro guitar though.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've tooled around with it a bit. Pro Keys is definitely a challenge but I have no experience with piano whatsoever.

I did like that they have an instrument trainer mode in there. I may have to try to learn keys better that way, or maybe try drums again.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i am not that bad i can do all of the songs but 2 of them on expert guitar. i can't do rainbow in the darks solo and one part of free birds solo if i can pass the one part on free bird i can get about 4 stars on it. i also can do medium pro keys and starting on hard pro keys.

10. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Considering how often plastic guitars fail with only 5 buttons, I find it hard to imagine a 102 button guitar working perfectly.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Game of the forever and I haven't even bought new instruments.

64th on the No One Knows vocals leaderboards too ^_^

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sexy

13. McBradders

Apparantly the leaderboards are fucked and the game lied to me :( 

14. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I've been playing on and off since Wednesday. I don't plan on picking up the pro guitar and I'm hoping my "drummer" picks up the keyboard for his girlfriend so I can try them out.

I'm happy with all the little changes. It's cool that the game now changes the gender of the vocalist when the song calls for it. I like the challenges in career mode so it's just not all about getting 5 stars.

I was caught off guard that medium guitar/bass throws the fifth note in on all RB3 songs. I'm a solid medium player because I never had to worry about the orange button. Now, I have to really pay attention. Thankfully they don't come in an over abundance.

All-in-all, it's been a pleasant experience (and the first time my 360 has been turned on in a few months, hello again, old friend).

15. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I actually like it quite a bit! I think the game has a lot of little tweaks that make it a lot more fun to just pick up and go. I'm really digging the keyboard and will probably upgrade my drum kit later as well. I know I won't be picking up the pro guitar, though.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I shed a tear of happiness when I saw that "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" was on it.

17. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will having real guitar experience matter with RB3? Does anyone know if Proguitar mode will help you out with real playing? I also hope it's drum set comes with a pedal that won't snap in half.

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Whoa! For real? They finally did that? Oh thank god. Watching a guy sing a female vocalist's song, and vice versa, was the gayest thing ever.

5th button's in Medium now huh? Nice, I see what they're going for in trying to ease players into using the 5th button alot more gently. That's the biggest reason why I stay on Medium. Having to learn the increased chart speed AND the 5th button at the same time was just too much.

I'll definitely pick this up at some point. No real rush for me though. I haven't actually touched RB2 in months, plus this usually winds up being primarily a solo game for me anyway. Got no one to play it with. None of my personal friends that also play on XBL like music games. Hell, the time I played with Twist and 2 other guys from here was the one and only time I got to play online with a full band.

19. McBradders

Come the fuck on, man, really?

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I know right? Having your manly looking avatar sing an Evanesance song can be described in a 4-syllable word: Hi-La-Ri-Ous