ROBOTS IN DISGUISE Scourge Saved Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kickback, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Scourge was a commander. NP was a puppet.

2. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

i do regret not getting scourge

i did not at the time becuase he was a repaint and i still had laser optimus (witch i still do but he has seen better days)

3. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I don't see why Motormaster isn't a more popular theory for G2-Prime-Repaint-Guy.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I was pretty sure that said "cunnilingus" at first, and if it would have been, this article would've been even more awesome.

5. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Damn, no wonder I could never find him!

To an extent, I kinda see a good thing as to why Hasbro won't do a remake (or a repaint of the RtS Prime, at least) of RiD Scourge - it preserves the value of the character. I mean, it IS an older toy that Hasbro may never make again, but I see a preservation of value to the character itself that way.

Nemesis Prime doesn't even work as an Optimus repaint for me anymore, ever since someone said "Nemesis Prime" could have been The Fallen's original name.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how so? scourge/black convoy was a repainted g2 laser prime...which is what they're asking for with the new mold, history repeats itself and all that

7. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

That really does sound like a thing they would do. It's deliciously evil, like Scourge.

Scourge and NP have always been seperate characters to me.
    I'm not really sure how the characters of Scourge and Nemesis Prime even got mixed up to begin with; (Though I'm guessing it has to do with a few Asian market figures in Scourge colors that still got the NP/BC name slapped on them. Or maybe the Zelda fandom with the whole "Dark Link" thing?)

For me Nemesis Prime has always been a manifestation (created by Unicron/Sideways) of everything Optimus hates seeing in himself. The character could be an intersting plot tool when used responsibly but as a entity in cannon is largely a paper doll. (This idea is admitedly colored by my exposure to Armada in my youth).

Scourge on the other hand is a solid and capable leader who can match Prime step for step on any battlefield. While the paralels between Scourge and Prime do exist, Scourge is also a very real entity completely seperate from Prime with his own thoughts and purposes.

For the record, the name "Black Convoy" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :puke2: 

TL;DR = It would be great to see Hasbro release a Scourge repaint of RTS Prime that is actually called Scourge.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

scourge was a better, more fitting name for the character then nemesis prime. i have NEVER liked the name Nemesis Prime! lol

if you have to make it a prime, make him Scourge Prime or something.

but Nemesis just echos in cliche! :lol 

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    $%^&*()_+ damn it I need to crank out a sig for this bad boy after I get done with the TFWe #2 shtuffs. SCOURGE DESERVES IT.

HE BECKONS ME.

BTW Kickback that article was awesome...since I still have yet to watch all of RID and since RID was the series that got me back into TF's after G2 and the beginning of Beast Wars, I did not know most of the info you posted.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Scourge is a blue flying machine with a beard and was created by Unicron , everything else is a fail.

G1 WUNNERSS for the Win. G1 Scourge for the win.

j/k

I really like the Scourge from RID, he is everything Kicky said. But his best preformance is actually in Prime Time 2, but youtube muted it...freaking youtube.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Hmmmmmm, even though RID is what got me back into collecting, the name Scourge has always left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I grew up on way too much pre-Crisis DC. I rather like the concept and name of Nemesis Prime, the whole complete antithesis to the hero. Granted Sinestro does it without having a name like "Yellow Lantern", but leaving that aside, I don't mind the thought of an evil Prime. Makes everything a little better for me on top of all that. And as an aside, makes it a bit hard to have two dudes named Scourge on my shelf at the same time.

12. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'm Overhaulimus, and I approve this message.

Great write up Kickback. Beast Wars was good, and I loved it, but Beast Machines almost had me hating TFs. Then I happen to waltz my ass into a TRU and I behold the glory of RID, the Autobots had returned and what's this, they're fighting Predacons and not the Decepticons? I picked up Optimus Prime right then and there, went back later and grabbed Megatron and then the Build Team and then the Combaticons.

I fell in love with Scourge in the first episode that the Decepticons were created, I thought I was living a dream, the Autobots and Decepticons were back and waging their eternal war once again.

I searched high and low for TRU exclusive RID Scourge, and just when I though all hope was lost, I decided to check my local TRU one last time and they had 1, a single lovely, embodiment of evil, RID Scourge and he was mine.

Everyone thinks I'm an Optimus fan boy, and I tell that to my many Optimus figures, but it's all really about RID Scourge, even before there was an RID Scourge or CR Black Convoy, it was all about him.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    A wonderful read. RID Scourge is a more interesting character than a straight up Nemesis / Mirror verse / Evil Prime. Scourge is not just an evil optimus, he's the blending of two extremes (Optimus and Megatron) in one body.

Besides Hasbro has the rights to the name Scourge, the Generations space boat of the same name will have been off the shelf for many months before RID Scourge would arrive. It's just a no brainer in my book.

14. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pretty damn good Kickback.

My image propaganda agrees too. :) 

15. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

So like How can I get a support scouge sig?

16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I agree with nearly everything said, I prefer the inverted G2 logo to the 'con logo.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Kickback that first post was amazing!

18. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Either make one or save one of the many that are floating around, host it on somewhere like ImageShack, Photobucket, or (My personal favorite) Majhost. Then go to your User CP, Edit Signature, and place the image's URL there. (wrapped around [​IMG]

19. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Damn it, I'll jump on the sig bandwagon too.

20. Proxima

Proxima Goddess of Darkness

There we go ^_^ Home made sig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.