Robots in Disguise #3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Torque, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Was surprised no one had started this yet, given that it comes out today! Thought I'd get the ball rolling. Sooooo excited for more Wheeljack, he's always been a fav of mine.

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished reading it. Not a bad issue. :) 

I was sorry to see more interesting NAILs go without getting explored. Oh and I'm a bit sorry to see the Aerialbots go off like the Dinobots in the old Marvel comic. The "Grimlock" role is a bit odd for Silverbolt (though understandable in that he alwaye cared deaply about his troops) and I wanted to see Sky Dive do something besides wander off. Given how hostile Cybertron is, the next time we see those five could be as corrpses. Boo to that idea.

Still a really good tense issue. Like what they're doing with Starscream oh and King Bee is almost certainly gonna catch on...

-ZacWilliam, Prowl is really wound tight these days. Understandable but still, he's more like a pressurized ball of repressed anger than his usual stoic self.

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Just finished it. Enjoyable enough story, and I like how everybody and their robot dog has less than obvious intentions. It makes things quite nicely interesting.

Still not sold on the art though. It's fine, until we get close-ups of faces (particularly prowl) and then it looks weird.

Still, not bad by any means. Out of the shaow of it's sister-comic, I imagine I'd be much more excited about it.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was alright. Nice to see Wheeljack get the limelight. Starscream's plans are ticking along nicely, and I liked the ending. Good stuff.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loved it. This caught me by surprise though. No previews or reviews ahead of time. I only learned it was released because of this thread.

An amusing story though. I saw Barrel Roll and had no idea who he was, not an unusal event. He started talking to Dirge and I decided to pause and learn more about him. I quickly discover he was crated in this comic for the most part and stop. I go back to the comic and the very next panel is him dying. I find that amusing.

And now the long wait until more. I'm a huge Rodimus fan but I think I am liking this series better. But both are grat so it's a wonderful thing to be unsure of.

6. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    The preview was released early last week. The full issue was reviewed last Wednesday by bwtf.com.

Created based on a real toy though. Which is pretty cool. More "blank" toys should be used that way IMO.

Btw, everyone, the TRANSFORMERS Facebook page has now posted creator comentary from the writer, artist and colorist on the first four pages.

-ZacWilliam, nothing world-shaking but a few hints at things to come.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i liked it alot, but the store i went to didnt have the cover I wanted.. oh well, its a nice shot of Screamer flyin across the sky (but no Wheeljack... :cry  )

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kind of a boring issue :( 

Nothing really happened.

Best part was the Aerialbot redesigns.

Edit: I got the Wheeljack cover. *rubs it in* :D 

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a digital copy and have both covers. I prefer the Starscream/Superman cover though.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Upon the first readthrough, I would agree-but I find it interesting that they are dealing with the issue of living on a primordial planet, where things are very different from what they're used to.

Plus it was fun to see Wheeljack. though you... you don't have to be so mean :cry 

Oh, and one other thing-is
    Seaspray
    dead? They did say he turned into a
    hovercraft.

11. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    SPOILERS:

What Happened:

The Decepticons near rioted after last issues assassination, but Starscream helped the Bots calm them down. Dirge almost made a friend. A big mysterious explosion happened killing an Aerialbot and others. Wheeljack investigated. Another big explosion happened killing a lot of NAILs. By working together with Screamer, Wheeljack figured out what was happening and saved everyone. Bumblebee reluctantly decided to accept Starscream as part of his government. The Aerialbots quit the Autobots over that decision and walked out.

That's quite alot to happen in one issue really.

-ZacWilliam, you could not have found Wheeljack's investigation and all the characterization interesting, but it's very hard to argue that nothing happened.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Oh, and my favorite part:

Wheeljack standing next to the missile carrier with 3 missiles all about 3 times his size pointing up while saying "Relax. I'm on it." I nearly died laughing from that.

Also, the sattelite WJ mentioned building may be important for the future-possiblke base of operations for someone

13. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The flipant remark about the hovercraft bot biting it made me laugh.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, what happened to
    Cybertron's other moon?

15. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    It was brought up in Death of OP and MtMTE #1.

It vanished mysteriously. Swerve went on the quest to discover where it went.

-ZacWilliam, apparently they failed as it's still gone and no one knows why.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ah, was wonderin bout that, and i sadly recently misplaced those 2 issues (my first 2 paperback comics, and i lose them. *sigh* ) so i didnt remember that, thank you lol.

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I could've sworn I saw this in the store I go to last week, does that ever happen, comics getting shipped a week early? Probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but gutted if it was and I skipped over it thinking it was just a variant cover for #2!

Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow, I'm really enjoying RID so far, MTME edges ahead as my favourite but I think the contrast between the tone of the two series is pretty cool.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well there is a cover of 2 with Screamer on the front. MTMTE is my fav too, but agreed, both are equally epic

19. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did
    Seaspray
    died? Why everybody kills him? :cry 
    Besides, I love the world-building which Roberts and Barber are doing. 2012 is golden age for Transformers fans :D 

20. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    Not necessarily.

No reason to believe there isn't more than one Hovercraft TF.

-Zacwilliam, plus he served with Prowl on Earth during the ongoing so I'd think Prowl would at least know his name.