Robots in Disguise #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

RID #2 and the LSOTW hardcover? This is going to be a good week.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A multi page preview is up here:

Comic Preview: TRANSFORMERS – Robots in Disguise Ongoing #2 | Freakin' Awesome Network

Spoilers for the preview:

Wow. You can totally understand why and how that happened given what's been going on, but WOW did Bumblebee just blow it big time.

He's trying bless him, I know, but Bumblebee's leadership abilities don't seem up to the challenge so far. Hopefully after a few failures he'll learn and grow into the role. Right now though it looks like he's going down in flames.

Not that there aren't some situations even Prime would be screwed in, I suppose the real test is how BB leads when the scrap hits the fan. Still his overreaction here does not bode well...

Also, sending Long Haul out to spy?

Long Haul??

Really Ratbat?

The Insecticons are standing right there. Surely you must have SOMEONE on hand better at a stealth recon mission than big, hulking, BRIGHT GREEN materials transport trooper Long Haul!

-ZacWilliam, if Ratbat is somehow Xanatosing and means Long Haul to be seen I'll take it all back, but till then....

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I normally don't like to comment unless I've read the comic, but that cover is absolutely gorgeous. Although the issues rarely follow through to the same extent as the covers do, I'm looking forward to Prowl "getting it" from Skywarp, and hope he returns the favor.

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I can so see the Predacons (Beast Era) forming from this. Either that or the War begins again

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This series looks so damn interesting compared to the last few TPB story arcs we've gotten. I really hope these can come out soon on TPB so I can read them. Sometimes waiting for those instead of reading singles really sucks when its a good story arc lol.

7. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    I totally expect the war to reignite at some point. Probably around the time Optimus (Oropn Pax) and Megatron come back. The only difference will be some of the former NAILS actually taking a side this time - thats what I'm envisioning anyway.

8. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, look at Bumblebee totally losing it. Damn it totally isn't like him though but i guess everyone has his limits. Consider me impressed with the comic, definitely keeps me interested and makes me want to read more.

And i also get the feeling that MetalHawk is a bastard. I mean he's doing nothing but stirring up trouble for the "government". What does Metalhawk really want anyways?

9. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was expecting this to be the lesser of two comics, but I'm really glad I was wrong. Loving everything about this so far, as with MTMTE.

- Bee screwing up in a very convincing way
    - Ratbat sensing the huge opportunity here and attempting to seize power again
    - Starscream opposing him

I just hope that when it all shakes out, things are actually different.

10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn... I amazed that that was only 7 pages.

Felt like I read half the book.

Hmm...here's a thought!

Since Shockwave is clearly featuring his FOC threads. What are the odds that Starscream's FOC figure will look the same as in this book?

11. ProwlPrime

ProwlPrime Active Member

Ebay:
    Metalhawk really irritates me. Still haven't figured out his motives.

12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, he's slicker than Ratbat.

13. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering all of the Seekers are sporting their WfC designs, I'd say that's probably pretty close to what we'll get, *if* we get that mold.

14. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The issue is up on Comixology.

Just read it.

Very nice. It's a different book than MTMTE (as it should be) a different feel and vibe but very enjoyable.

You can really see the foundation for a new society starting to form. The events of this issue, dire as some of them are, all seem to have a function of ultimately strengthening a new paradigm and making an immediate fall back to the old war status quo unlikely anytime soon.

It also feels like there's a unified theme of the sides coming together in a way as this new society forms with some Autobots doing things more Decepticonish and vice versa to the same result. I think we may see the start of an Autobot black opps secret police here. Prowl's be the bot for the job. (They need to feature Blaze too, given his function.)

A very cool read that sets up a lot of potential that makes it, again, a very hard wait for next month. I may do a longer review if I have more time later.

-ZacWilliam, hoping for some real focus on Wheeljack and Ironhide next month...

15. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

The end of this day can't come fast enough!!

16. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Just read it - very enjoyable - I agree with ZacWilliam comments above, you can see the starting ground for the future society. Did not expect Prowl's 'assitant' though, that shocked me - so can we assume that this is the bot that placed the package on the Lost Light?? Have to go back and read it again tonight.

17. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Totally called Prowl's "accomplice".

Love it.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Didn't like this issue as much as MTMTE #2, but I still enjoyed it. Knew Prowl's partner was
    Arcee
    from the beginning. :D 

Not sure if I'm really digging the art. I mean it was fine for the most part, but the faces were a bit odd looking at times.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Good stuff, though I'm not sure i liked
    Ratbat dying, was just getting ised to having him as the leader of the Cons. Assuming he's actually dead.

Oh, and LOL silent
    Soundwave
    How long has he been like that?

20. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

- Wow, Bumblebee is an asshole! I know he's been under a lot of stress lately, but DAMN. Chill out, dude!

- I love the exchange between Prowl and Starscream at the bottom of pg 8. Prowl was probably steeling himself for a long verbal battle to get Starscream to give him any info, but Screamer just blurts it out. Gotta love it when something takes Prowl by surprise, because it probably doesn't happen very often!

- "After all, there's nothing I like hearing about more than the tragedy of dead Autobots." :ev:  Never change, Starscream.

- "You're Decepti-toast. That would've been better." Aww, poor Prowl...trying out snarky battle quips even though that's way out of his comfort zone. Does he think Hot Rod's "death" has given the Autobots a macho hothead shortage, and he's trying to fill in?

- Good to see Arcee again. And it looks like she hasn't softened up a bit, even after getting her fill of torturing Jhiaxus. I'm not a fan of Ratbat, but I feel sorry for him getting all his limbs hacked off like that.

- The only bad thing about this issue...not enough Metalhawk.