Robots in Disguise #10 Discussion/Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AdyCarter, Oct 10, 2012.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

So much has been said about this issue so far, and I'm not sure what to add.

I don't always love Ramondelli's art, but love that he's allowed to do it. It's nice to see a different artistic approach to Transformers (one of the reasons that IDW impressed me more than Dreamwave, though the results vary wildly). It's a very neat style, though it's true that it sometimes loses coherency (much like the story).

As to that story... I didn't really get confused by it, because whether or not there is a concrete working internal order, I realized it doesn't really matter. The story is disjointed and chaotic and hallucinogenic, and as long as you don't fight too hard to make sense of it and just take it as it comes at you, it's not so bad. Even without drawing up a timeline, by the end of the issue, I felt like I got all the important stuff.

As usual, Barber's writing is fascinating from the point of view of logistics and continuity restoration... but it never really sparkles in the moment.

Favourite moment: Optimus Prime vs TURMOIL!!!

... ONE PUNCH! ONE PUNCH! :D 

Take that and stick it in your over-inflated "oh, I'm a badass super-dark terrifying super-villain with an arm cannon and a dramatic name" exhaust, you pretentious fuck! It makes watching him lumber around in earlier issues with half his face caved in so much more worthwhile. :lol 

The problem is that "heartfelt opinions" have no value. Only reasoned and sensible opinions do. Otherwise it's just an opinion, and the internet is full of those. And most of them suck.

No, you're allowed to have an opinion, but that doesn't make it "valid". Nobody has to respect your opinion if it's poorly expressed. Opinions are valued on their merits, not on how personal or emphatic they are. Contrary to popular belief, some opinions are simply wrong.

I'm an oldschool G1 guy, dyed in the proverbial wool. And even I like to see some more obscure characters get the limelight every now and again.... even Pretenders (ugh). Plus Optimus Prime was the main character of this story... that should count for something.

The story was confusing... I'll give you that. But characters aren't necessarily boring... they are only written boring... which is another issue, I'd say.

:lol  Bravo.

zmog

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This issue was a mess. I appreciate what it tried to do with the time-jumping, but the presentation was just too hard to follow. I still don't have the slightest idea what Bludgeon and Jhiaxus were doing.

The 1984 purist is right...in that he has the right to post here. That doesn't mean he should though, since his opinions are nonsensical and reflected by his username. I don't know why he even bought this, since it was clear he was going to hate this by default. I hate Bayformers, so I have enough sense to not buy the movies or even bother watching the sequels. All I'd be doing is torturing myself.

Yeah, he's going on my ignore list too. I don't know why I haven't added him to it sooner.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
  5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Just picked it up on Wednesday. Really hate this art style. The story it's trying to tell doesn't help either. It's like Sisko's visions from the wormhole prophets. If I hadn't read this thread, I would've had no idea what was going on.