[robotmasters] Reverse Convoy question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rewind, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just picked up a Reverse Convoy and for the life of me I can't figure out why he has a panel on each arm that opens up. Was this a leftover feature from the G2 toy that didn't get carried over to the Robotmasters release?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe they were clips for missile storage.

I have the G2 figure, but it's been years since I've had it in hand.

Edit: Just been looking at TFU. They don't show it on the Megatron, but the Hero Prime has clips for missile storage so I'm guessing it's the same thing for Megs.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yes, they're storage for the missiles the G2 and RID versions of the mold came with. Guess no one bothered retooling the mold to remove them.

4. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Thats were he keeps his fried chicken for lunch everyday at work. Woka woka.

5. Rewind

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, if I would have just tooled around on TFU a little longer I would have gotten my answer from the photo of RID Bludgeon. I think I'll just use the clips to hold Sharpies. :) 

6. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I have Bludgeon and Hero megs. If you put the missle in the clip backwards while in robot mode they look close enough topass as fusion cannons. If you look around you probably have something that will work.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Mine's an Archforce rather than a Hero Megatron, which basically equates to the same thing, just a different box and stuff.

The clips are pretty cool for missile storage, and makes custom building a fusion cannon easy as pie.

Mmmmmmmm, pie.

8. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Congratulations on your purchase! I recently got RM Convoy, Beast Convoy and Beast Megs, and I gotta say: Those figures rock.

I'm interested in a Reverse Convoy and I was wondering where you got yours at? I haven't found a nice price anywhere yet but I'd love to get one of them from somewhere.

9. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Pretty cool, I have my G2 Megs MOSC, but I do have a Rebirth Megatron and 2 bootlegs of the same mold posing about. I'll try getting extra missiles on Ebay to pose them like that. :dj 

10. Rewind

News Credits:
    I bought mine from Big Bad Toy Store but it must have been their last one because they show it as sold out now. Not sure who else would have it besides Ebay.

I actually miss the Robotmaster line. I loved the smaller scale reintepretations and remolds. Star Saber, Convoy and Primal are my favorites, but I really like Gigant Bomb and Reverse Convoy a lot too.

11. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Ah, well good show then! I'll try to find him sometime. Him and the Victory Saber duo are big on my list. Gigant and his partner is too, because I do like the real size molds of them, they're great toys. My collection of RMs are rather small, at just Convoy, Beast Convoy, Beast Megs, and the autobot Cycle...Road Rocket? But damn if they aren't some amazing toys. RM Convoy is perhaps my single favorite G1 Prime of all time, period. Even better than Masterpiece. Maybe better than Classics...it's kinda close. Sometimes, depending on how I look at them.

I wish that line continued, and got imported here.

12. Rewind

News Credits:
    I agree. I loved mine to pieces. Literally. He broke at the waist and now he's in two pieces. :D  I keep meaning to get another one.