Robotkingdoms Customer service blows

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cobra zartan, May 15, 2012.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I purchased a sealed wonderfest dia atlus figure from steven at robotkingdom saturday at botcon, steven told me to check the item before the con was over. I went back sunday and told him that the item was broken at the legs, knees and waist. I was told to email them and they would send a replacement. I emailed them and ended up getting a reply from Daniel who asked me what parts I needed, I explained to him that the item could not be fixed and he agreed to send me a replacement. Several days go by and I don't hear from them so I decided to email again, Daniel then responds and says it was forgotten about due to shipping the new tfc hercules out and then wants to know if he can ship the item loose, I explained how fragile the item was and how I wanted them to inspect a new one and then place it back in the box and send it to me. I am now around the 2 week mark and they will not email me back, my last msg from them was almost a week ago. Not please how they are taking care of this issues and I can't see myself shopping with them anymore, id rather pay more in order to get good service.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    From what I have read I don't really see bad customer service. Bad customer service would be them saying F you and your broken toy.

Just give them time, those are a lot of Hercules preorders they're filling. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

3. cobra zartan

News Credits:

You could be right but I take them ignoring my emails as a F you, I get the read reciepts and they can't bother to email me telling me that they are going to resolve the issue as bad customer service. I have recieved damaged/bad qc goods from a number of online retailers and it has always been taken care of promptly. I hope your right and they do step up and take care of the issue.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah they're bad at responding emails at times. Especially after going back and forth a few times emailing eachother. It's like the longer the conversation goes the slower they respond. Sometimes they even forget to send you tracking info. You're just unfortunate to have this happen Around the time Hercules restock occured and Botcon. I'm pretty sure the next email you get from them is going to be a tracking number.

Oh and I do agree that ignoring emails suck especially when you have a broken figure you need replaced.

5. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing a similar situation with RK and Daniel at the moment as well. I received MP-11 exactly 2 weeks ago today, and his left blue forearm has obvious paint blemishes due to poor packaging by Takara, and I am yet to receive word that my replacement parts are on the way. Now after reading cobra's story, I feel like I've been put on the back burner while they look out for future customers rather than taking care of us, their regular customers. I'll give it another week, and if I don't get confirmation that my needs have been taken care of, I'll be sending this back for a FULL refund. Best of luck to you, cobra zartan !

6. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Well I hope Wyvern is right and were both taken care of promptly, If I do get ignored im going to be out the money as mine was an inperson transaction.

7. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i always go to bbts or tfsource they always get back to you! but i never heard of this try it again!

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the time difference. Just for them to read the emails is going to be 8+ hours from the time you send it.

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    they suck ass.

I got a united wreck-gar from them that was broken

it took months to get it resolved and a new one sent.

10. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I know that, but 5+ days without a reply and they have read the emails
    is very annoying.

EDIT: Just after posting this I get an email saying many of the same item I bought were damaged and they are going to refund me via paypal.

11. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I have no issues with RK.

I will say it is a rare to get a fast reply from them email wise ever lol.

They always came thru or replied to me, but i won't lie, sometimes it took a couple times.

They always did right in the end however.

Also like someone else already said, keep the time thing in mind. U send an email at noon(central USA) it gets their at 8pm or so. So turn around time does get skewed.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    now i hate to sound like a complete and utter asshole, but now i am glad that i passed on that dai atlas :lol 

but seriously, i really hope they get it worked out for you, i've only ordered from them once and i had no problems

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well none of that situation makes sense to me, why would you leave the con with a broken toy? You shoulda got your money back on the spot and just ordered a different one from the site

14. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had a bit of trouble getting a response from them last week and earlier this week about an order I'd placed, but they did get back to me eventually. It's the sort of thing that you sometimes have to accept when dealing with independent retailers. Overall I've heard good things about them.

15. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Always had customer service from rk.

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, sounds like they took care of you then.

Good to hear.

17. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I have been looking for the item for some time for a decent price, it was over $20 cheaper and no shipping and have had countless dealings with the owner of RK himself and never had an issue. Waiting for a paypal payment from them now.

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IF you've had plenty of positive interactions with RK, why would you start a thread with "RK's Customer Service Blows"?

Why not "Had my First Bad Experience with RK" or something similar?

19. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Because the person I am dealing with was not the owner but a member of their customer service.

20. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I recently bought the DOTM Jetpower Optimus Prime 2-pack from robotkingdom and the customer service I received was awesome! Prime's gun was missing a piece and I sent them an e-mail about the problem and they promptly sent me a replacement. I will definitely order from them again in the future.

Robotkingdom's customer service rocks!