Robotkingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wipeyourfeet, May 29, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I think this is in the right thread, if not sorry.

I was wondering about robotkingdom. Are these guys good, and if I pay them for a preorder, will I get it? I know this seems a bit over protective as they seem to be a good internet shop and all, but I just got ripped off by a guy on eBay, and I seem to have lost my trust.
    I'm looking at ordering the Fansproject Ultra Magnus Armour of them, and I'm a bit worried, as it says the money will be taken from my account straight away. Can I trust them, and if not, where can I get this armour from for a similar price? Also, I see the armour ships in September, but is there a time when pre orders are closed. I seem to remember reading it was this Saturday, but I don't know how reliable that information was.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    robotkingdom you wont have a problem with these guys are awesome to deal with.

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I've ordered from them twice and had no issues whatsoever. Shipping is expensive ($30 to North America) but fast.

4. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Was it shipped ems? I believe they usually ship that way and it usually only takes 3-5 days to arrive

5. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Cool, I did think the shipping was expensive, but the prices were low to compensate for that.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    very reliable, and customer service is top notch. good luck.

7. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I've used RK a few times now, there great.

8. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have bought very expensive diaclone items from them. Great place!

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I ordered from Robot Kingdom and they sent me the wrong item. I ordered Animated Leader Megatron and they're now out of stock, they sent me something called a Saint Seiya Demon thing (I don't even know what the hell that is?) Will they make good on it?

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great overseas dealer, never had problems w/ them!

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ordered Animated Leader Megatron off them, it was a great experience and their EMS shipping arrived FAST.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh. You probably got mine. lol

13. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good sellers, but costly shipping prices

14. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I bought 2 SDCC Alternators Rodimus and a Nemesis Prime in feb from them Used the $20.00 Standard Airmail shipping Recieved each figure 9 days after ordering them. Awesome company no complaints what so ever.

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll also add that for a Chinese group, they do -awesome- packing. Though I admit I may be biased from my ebay experiences. :lol 

16. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I notice that the japan companys I deal with pack the hell out of my items I have not experienced this with any other people ever every item is individually wrapped in bubble wrap and then has a barrier built around each item inside of the shipping box.

17. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

They're about as good as one can expect from this sort of thing.

18. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    I have bought a lot of figures from RK, which is one of the reasons I expected them to have my back if a problem arose. THEY DID NOT.
    I paid nearly $400 to get the Planet X Genesis Omega Supreme figure and it was missing a cover part to the right side of his chest. Has a big hole visible in his chest in robot mode. It simply did not come with him in the box I got, so I alerted Robot Kingdom of the missing part and they quickly responded, telling me they would contact the manufacturer and get me one. They never did.
    I messaged RK 3 weeks later to ask if they had found the replacement part, and they said it would be sent in May, a month later. Now it is May, so I sent another message, also asking why they never contacted me again to update me on the part. Danial Law was the representative I have been dealing with, and he told me he thinks the part has been shipped, but would let me know soon. 2 more weeks go by and no response or part still. 4 days ago I sent them one more message explaining that a missing part on a $400 figure is a big deal and I really need it, but no response.

Long Story Short, RK screwed me. They may have contacted the dealer to try and get the part but whatever the case, communication was very bad from them and all of my efforts to complete the expensive figure I bought from them failed. They led me along for months only to ignore their mistake and leave me hanging.
    I do hope they fix this but right now it just seems like they have been leading me along, hoping I will forget it.

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I have ordered a bunch of times from RK in a little over the year I found out about them and have been dealing with them. I have spent quite a bit. They have always come through for me so far. Even when I had some issues they helped me out and we got things solved. You have to be a bit patient with them as they are overseas so sometimes responses and stuff takes a bit of time. But just be calm and patient and understanding and usually it can be something that gets resolved.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    this is so a zombie thread.. :lol