Robotkingdom shipping?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of ordering from Robotkingdom, and I want to know how the shipping is. I live in PA, would the shipping be hign?

Just wanted to know. Thanks!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    put something in your cart. start the checkout process. after you give your address, they will tell you how much it'll cost. you just stop short of going all the way through with the order.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'd recommend against shopping with them. They've taken my money and wont respond to my emails about my order. I've been trying to notify them that I've moved but won't even acknowledge. You might be ok with items in stock but don't trust them with preorders. With them being where they are, if they take your money, you have no recourse against them...buyers beware!

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just use paypal and file a complaint if they don't mail you anything. Paypal is always the solution and will get your money back!

5. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Only if it's within 45 days of payment sent. Which for an order containing pre-orders it won't be eligible. Only deal with them for in-stock items if you use PayPal.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh, I just assumed it was something in stock but even if it is a preorder, do you have to pay everything upfront?

7. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Yup. They charge right away. In my case I ordered a Bludgeon, Dark Jetfire, and the mini Sharkticons. I may never see any of them (aside from the additional Bludgeon I picked up locally when they finally hit the shelves (oh by the way, you can't cancel any part of an order once it's placed (even on orders that haven't been shipped yet))).

8. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes shipping is high, very high.

9. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered a Frenzy/Rumble Perfect Effect set and I believe shipping was around $15. The worst part was the communication, though. Like many on here have already said, they NEVER reply to emails, and the shipping of my item was VERY slow. You can definitely get better prices for certain items, and they'll probably eventually show up, but unless you're the patient type, I'd go with BBTS' superior service and speed (or TFSource, although they can be a bit snarky sometimes about communicating with you).

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Odd, ive had no issues with them not getting back to me. I bought a warbot defender and it was missing parts, they were quick to get replaements out.

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Threaten them. I had sent them a polite e-mail about the status of Animated Blackout since their site said "shipping in May" and many stores in the U.S. got him weeks ago, and didn't get a response after 5 days.

So then I e-mailed them a not-so-polite e-mail, threatening a Paypal complaint against them if my money was not refunded within a week.

This time, they responded 3 hours later and promised to have my money refunded "very soon".

This was the first and last time I'm using them for anything.

12. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Could you dig up a good email address for them? I'd really appreciate it. I've already been screwed out of hundreds by overseas sellers and I'd like to recoup at least this one...

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I preordered some Japanimated from them and had nothing but problems.I started a claim after 35 days cause they never got them(still don't after 3 months).

Took me almost 2 weeks of escalating emails to get a refund for them.

In stock product is fine though.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i ordered from them once before and got good service.
    so i pre-ordered a Blackout. that was April 07.
    i emailed them at the end of May when other board members got their BO's in the mail and got a reply that was brief:

Takara has delayed shipping.

i gave them another 2 weeks and emailed again.
    Nothing from them.

i went ahead and dropped another another with TFSource and got in in no time.

i am really reaching the highest level of pissivity with this.
    i sincerely hope i eventually get my order, but i won't buy from them again.

I think KOToys is the only dealer in China i will go to for anything.

Just in case, here's the email addy i sent my first status update for TFA BO:
    info@robotkingdom.com

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  15. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  16. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    KOToys has a chunk of that money I'm out as well. Mike won't reply to me either.

I've got Mailer-Daemon errors from the orders@ and sales@ addresses. Looks like info@ may have gone through...Thanks for the info guys...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  17. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I've experienced this pre-order drama/refusal to refund with them in the past too (back when ROTF Legends Devvy was first released). They got their shipment, they "forgot" to keep one for me (even though I'd pre-ordered it months back & they'd already charged me) and finally it took their boss' authorisation to give me a refund (seems as though he's the only one with the final say...). So from now on, the only things I purchase from them are when they're actually in stock (my Japanese pre-orders are now done through HLJ). In my experience, I find that they're pretty speedy in replying to the queries/dramas - usually within 24 hours - as long as it's a weekday...

18. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robotkingdom is still my #1 seller for TFs :)  Shipping prices are really good... only bad thing is communication that's too slow :( 

19. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have ordered with robotkingdom on a few occassions and have no problems with them. Shipping is ok and fast. item was well-packaged. Did not order any pre-order items before, all are in stock items.

No idea whether it is the location. I reside in Asia, Singapore where they are based in Hong Kong.

20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Same, I've had no problems with Robot Kingdom.

In terms of the "pricey shipping" - you do have to remember that they're shipping from HK, so of course it'll be more expensive than the shipping from, say, BBTS to a US location. However what you pay extra in shipping, you usually save on the item cost, especially on Japanese items.