Robotech: Shadow Chronicles

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by highlander3000, Jan 15, 2007.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I'm sure there are many Robotech fans here. The long awaited sequel to the original series is coming out on February 6. Apparently it's a pilot to a possible series of direct to DVD movies. I saw some of the finished animation about a year ago and it was stunning!

2. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Great. I can't wait for this one! Is it a sequel to the original series Macross (like Macross Plus and Macross II) or just to the North American Robotech adaptation?
    If the animation is anything like Yukikaze, one of my fave anime, it will be absolutely stunning...still I'll wait and see.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's only a sequel to Robotech, not the original Macross. A macross sequel would actually excite me, but this isn't one. Not a real one, anyway.

BTW, Macross II isn't canon.
    Macross ZERO->SDF Macross->Macross Plus->Macross 7

4. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Yeah, Macross II isn't canon, and it is the only Macross sequel I enjoyed. Still don't agree with that decision.

As for me? I'm really excited. I'll always be a Robotech fan before being a Macross fan. I do respect Macross on its own, and do enjoy the series, but Robotech introduced me to the concept of anime, and I still enjoy Robotech to this day.

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a trailer on the official website:

http://www.theshadowchronicles.com/

If you're lucky, you might be able to catch it on the big screen. Unfortunately, they're not showing it anywhere in my state.

6. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I just watched Shadow Chronicles and it is awesome. I think it's every bit as good as the original series was in storyline and even better in animation. The score and space battles are stunning.

Any idea if a sequel is in the works?

Andrew

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Robotech > Macross anyday. (Awaits the aradantly rabid fanboys backlash and rants about Harmony Gold, Carl, etc....)

8. flamepanther

No, I think we're all used to you having questionable taste by now.

9. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Oh dear, you do live up to your name, don't you?

Anyways, I wasn't too impressed by the quality of the CG. Especially when compared to Macross Zero. I know, I know, Robotech is a different canon and this movie had probably less funding, but Zero is still the one to beat in the eye-candy department imho.

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

How long till we get a new tv series?
    Tv.com shows Shadow Chronicles as being listed but no date.

11. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

I'll watch it if it has interesting, original transforming mecha designs in it. Or I'll at least buy the toys. Which is what I'm most interested in anyways.
    Doesn't seem to though, just retreads of the old Legioss, or Alpha, whatever you want to call it. I don't even see the old Beta or any of the cyclones. A pity for us toy collectors.

12. flamepanther

Who, me or Fairy Princess? Believe me, you haven't seen what it looks like when I flame someone. That was just a jab and a sidestepping of a possible debate. The Princess can take it. Or if not... well we all know he'll get over it.

13. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

OK, I saw it and it wasn't great. Not terrible, but in no way good.

I was able to watch it through the end but the story was lacking and the CGI looked terrible.

14. flamepanther

Please tell me it's at least better than the Sentinels "movie". I'll need to watch it at some point, just to have an informed opinion about it, but I don't ever want to endure the kind of pain that was Sentinels again. It hurt so much that I laughed. But it was not happy laughter :( 

15. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

it is alot better then the sentinels movie. my only complaint comes from Janis, I don't think before the sentinals movie she had any history about her, a past and what not that led up to things. In this movie it seems as though they rewrote her exsistnace. I am pretty sure i wasn't bothered by it to much.

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Definatly gonna pick this up when it comes out. I wish they'de release Macross Zero here. I never got to see the last couple parts. :( 

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Heh

18. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I didn't think The Sentinels was bad... man. :p  Why all the hate? It was good!

Yeah this movie was alright. It retreaded too much of the end of the 3rd Generation and the character designs were changed too much in some cases. best case is Rick. I think they did that to distance themselves this time from Macross, because the likeness was actually there in Sentinels.....

I read all the books for Robotech. Janice was always android or robot to begin with and I believe that she got damaged later on and was rebuilt, or something like that? In any case, she was always a robot. I really don't remember the *new* enemy from the books. I remember the Haydonites, but I don't remember the rest of that enemy stuff. I think that is new. Marlene's brother is new, same with the appearance of a Sterling daughter.

Ugh, it's been too long. I should read all those again.....

19. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

No, it's no where near as bad as the Sentinels. I don't think anything could be.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I keep seeing "it's not as bad as...", but is it any good?

The trailer has my interest.