Robotech non-VF-1x toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Bryan, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got into the Toynami MP Robotech toys a little while ago, and just ordered my first 1/48th Yamato (which I can't wait to get).
    Thing is, I'm not really a Macross fan and can't get into all the VF-1 variants. Are there any high-quality transforming toys of the -11, -19, or -21 versions that are currently available or coming out? Or any others (it seems like I saw a fifty-something somewhere).
    I'll eBay if I have to, but I'd rather buy new from a retailer.

2. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

The 11, 19, and 21 are long gone, you may still be able to find them but most places are charging ridiculous prices for them. There was a rumor of a 1/60 YF-19 but no official news ever appeared.

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, the VF-11B, YF-19, and YF-21 have come and gone I'm afraid. They're not bad (robot modes are a little lacking). You're probably looking around $100 for any one of them (although be warned, if you're going to buy a VF-11B by the one with the fastpacks, the one that doesn't come with fastpacks (is transformed in robot mode in the box) has a notorious problem of the legs snapping off. But the one with fastpacks you should be alright with.

But yeah, not much out there at the moment aside from the VF-1 line, but you could always try the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-0S. It's a little different (though a bit pricey for y liking).

4. CdnShockwave

Yep, the VF-11B, YF-19, and YF-21 have come and gone I'm afraid. They're not bad (robot modes are a little lacking). You're probably looking around $100 for any one of them (although be warned, if you're going to buy a VF-11B by the one with the fastpacks, the one that doesn't come with fastpacks (is transformed in robot mode in the box) has a notorious problem of the legs snapping off. But the one with fastpacks you should be alright with.

But yeah, not much out there at the moment aside from the VF-1 line, but you could always try the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-0S. It's a little different (though a bit pricey for y liking).

5. CdnShockwave