Robot Vs Alt Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, May 20, 2008.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

One thing I have noticed about Animated is that they seem more willing to have to sacrifice the alt mode over the robot mode, ie blitzving, which to me is so refreshing. I understand that every figure cannot look great in robot and alt mode so it was always the robot part that was weak in previous TFs like G1 and especially that abortion BW/BM. This has always kept me from purchasing those types of figures. Animated is taking a refreshing new approach to TF and I for one am loving it. I just wanted to see opinions of others and if there has to be a sacrifice is it Robot or Alt???

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Animated is doing an excellent job with the figures. Poseability and accuracy to the show combined makes it the best yet in my opinion.

I think the thing you're irked by the most is the kibble that exists on most TF's due to transforming and just having leftover stuff on them. I loved beast wars but beast machines lost me and then I didn't get back in again until Energon due to the figures. But out of the figures I own I have to say the classics and animated have done it right.

3. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

The question should be why does there have to be a sacrifice? For the most part the Robot forms are what take a hit just so that the alt modes can look proper. I think that there needs to be a balance of both modes and each model should be designed with enough accuracy as possible no matter what size figure it is. For example, the legends toys from the movie IMO look horrible in robot form, to me they look like cheap happy meal toys. Why not make them more like WST figures where the toys actually look like robots and vehicles instead of vehicles with box shaped characters?

4. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:

Unlike the G1 figures WSTs are based off of, the movie figures have considerably more complex transformation schemes that realistically couldn't be replicated in such a small form factor. For more accuracy/detail, you're going to pay more money at a size like that, and I think the attraction of legends figures is the price, and ability to have a tiny proxy of your more accurate deluxe, ect. That said, I'll agree that some of the movie legends (barricade in particular) are god awful.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO the reason of the robot accurateness being the "most important" is the fact when we think uhh... LUGNUT we don't think just THE PURPLE BOMBER, we think of the missile-hand big guy with 5 eyes.

Basically, the robot mode is way more memorable than the alt.