Robot Replicas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

So I've got every single Robot Replica across the first two live action movies, with the exception of Skids (don't think he was ever released at UK retail). I've had them for years and never opened them and I'm in two minds now whether to sell them on or open them up and display them.
    Anyone else out there own these guys and care to offer your opinions or share some pics to try and convince me if I should sell, keep, open or just plain throw them away!

2. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They display beautifully out of package on a dedicated shelf. Crack 'em!

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I only have Frenzy, and I really don't like him.
    - The articulation is poor. You'd expect he'd have all sorts of joints since he's not tied down with a transformation, but he's got utterly basic, near useless joints (no cool poses).
    - The detail is lacking. Nothing's really crisp or pops, rather it's all "washed out" looking. The plastic itself is fairly soft. Deco is equally uninspiring (gray plastic and gold(?!) patches).
    - He has a (phenomenally weak) "firing" gimmick with those ninja star CDs, and a replaceable hand, but I find it incredibly hard to switch.

All in all, that little Frezny that came with HA Barricade is a thousand times better.

No idea if that applies to all RRs, but I sure don't like the looks of any others. I'm just going to stick with actually transforming TFs.

4. Fifam94

Fifam94 Well-Known Member

If you're gonna throw em out, give them to me :p 

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've got Optimus and Barricade from the first movie and Ratchet and Sideswipe from RotF. The first two are pretty crap in my opinion. The second two are better but still kinda disappointing. To be honest I prefer the better defined details of the actual transforming toys. And that rubbery plastic of the RRs always feels like it's going to tear when trying to adjust a particularly tight joint, not that there's much decent by way of poses they can do anyway.
    If you're just gonna unpackage them and shove them on a shelf then I suppose having a lot of them is cool. But they lack the fiddle factor of 'proper' Transformer figures. If it was me asking myself what you are though I'd probably get shot of them and buy something else.
    I'm glad I only paid like 50p each for mine at car boot sales.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well that's the thing, I did have them in my sales thread for the longest time (at almost giving-them-away prices) and not once did I even get a single bite. So I removed them and stored them and lately I've been re-arranging my collection room and came across them all still MOSC and thought a few of them looked really quite cool, like RotF Sideswipe, Jetfire, Ratchet and Megatron. The ones from the first movie do look a bit squishy and lacking in sharp detail, as Noideaforaname said, but the RotF figures look alright I suppose.

I'm starting to think I might as well at least unbox them and see for myself as if I ever was going to sell them, it would be cheaper for any prospective buyer in terms of shipping costs than if they were still MOSC. Whether this would make it a more attractove option than paying out for all the cardbacks and bubbles to be shipped as well... I dunno.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, its not like you need to take them out of the package to display them in their other mode...

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    ^ This is wisdom.
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. They shelfwarmed for ages in stores even at dropped prices so I'm not surprised you had trouble trying to sell them on even at low prices. Maybe you could keep them as deal sweeteners to add to sales of other things. Or donate them to a childrens toy charity thing for Christmas.
    Or sit on them MOSC for a decade or so until they become highly sought after. :) 

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Indeed :wink: 

But I'm thinking they might look cool all lined up together. I think there are 13 of them altogether that I have, should look quote neat. Although the scale will be ridiculously out of whack.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Dude - sudden inspiration! Christmas tree ornaments!

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I could always have the 'spare' movie 1 Prime (as I have the RotF one too and he is far superior) as the angel on top and a selection of Robot Heroes hanging from the branches.

Alll I need now is a tree...