Robot Replicas Frenzy

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Otispq, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Picked up the RR Frenzy the other day and with some urging from Jarodimus to post some pics and feedback, here goes:

In package:
    [​IMG]

With others for comparison:
    [​IMG]

Solo:head moves 360 degrees, shoulders only go up and down, his elbows only allow him to put his arms straight out, as in the above photo. The left elbow also includes a full rotation, as it is only a peg into the elbow that removes to attach the gun/regular arm.
    [​IMG]

Shoulder articulation only goes up and down:
    [​IMG]

Elbows go inward more than needed, wish they went out more:
    [​IMG]

Elbows at max outward reach:
    [​IMG]

Hips have a ball joint, so some sideways movement, but minimal, mostly front to back. Leg articulation is same as shoulder, forwards and backwards, no side to side at all. Has articulation after the 90 degree bend in the leg (look at the circular joint), and again at the ankle. Although the legs themselves have good range of motion, the feet are hard to balance the toy with. Really needs a ratcheting/ball joint of some kind to get him to stay in sweet poses. Non-action poses are his bread and butter...:( 
    [​IMG]

Close up of gun arm:
    [​IMG]

Alternate view of gun arm: (see the attachment peg at bottom left of arm)
    [​IMG]

Frenzy without the gun arm, notice the cd/razor in his chest:
    [​IMG]

Cd/Razor closeup, nice detail for so small IMO:
    [​IMG]

The cd/razor launcher button on his back, in fully out position, not nearly as bad as on FAB Frenzy. Blends in well with the sculpting. Launches it only a couple of inches, compared to a foot or two on the FAB Frenzy, bummer. Also note the arm/shoulder joints in closer.
    [​IMG]

Back view, not too much color on this bad boy:
    [​IMG]

Head shot: (George W. Bush: [to Air Force One flight attendant] Can you wrangle me up some Ding-Dongs, darlin'?)
    [​IMG]

Overall, I think he's a pretty good figure. Could use a bit more color to accentuate things, but definitely worth the ten bucks to pick him up. Loads better than any other version of him...although if he could get some better articulation from the shoulder and elbows, would make him just awesome.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    megatronmegatronmegatron

i think i like his RH version the best.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least his eyes are blue.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    also, its really too bad his legs doesnt splay properly.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's pretty much the most movie-accurate Frenzy we'll be getting, a pity it doesn't transform. But then it'd just wind up like FABzy.

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks good to me! Good job, Otispq! :thumb 

He's flipping us the bird in the 4th picture, and doing the Thriller dance in the 7th....

7. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

did you see jazz? can you review him? anyone?

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Flipping the bird :lol  of course that's his gun, but dang funny.

haven't seen Jazz, but I am going hunting all weekend, since I'm going out of town I plan on stopping everywhere. If I see him and/or Optimus I'm definitely getting them, and would be happy to post pics, etc.

9. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Man I was looking forward to this one but I still think the FAB looks like a much better detailed Frenzy all around, even with the backpack.

The gun arm is pretty neat though, another case of one movie toy having some totally accurate detail that the other, better figure lacks.

Gah, I wish I could combine all versions of Barricade, Frenzy, and Bumblebee into some molecular blender to make the "perfect" version of each.

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Just picked this guy up, and he's kind of a mixed bag for me. I like that he's the most screen-accurate representation of the character, because that kind of thing is important to me. However, I don't really like the soft plastic that he's made out of. I -think- it's the same stuff that the BW 10th Transmutate figure was made of, and my Transmutate's legs warped enough that it can't stand on its own anymore. Since Frenzy is so spiky though, I guess using a harder plastic was out of the question for safety reasons.

I'm also not a fan of the extra arm, mainly because I don't like accessories that can't be stored easily. Overall, I'm glad to own the character, but I don't know if he's worth $10.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I think it's the best Frenzy toy out there, in spite of not being able to transform. The one with barricade, though in scale with most of the Deluxes is very under detailed, and the FAB, though able to transform is a kibbly mess in robot mode. The RH version is cool, but un articulated. I was very disappointed in the arm articulation however :( 

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only deluxe I can really see Minion Frenzy being in scale with is Arcee, since he's only four feet tall.