Robot Replicas Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Heat Guy, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked this up today at Kmart, quick summary is:
    First, he's surprisingly heavy. Colors are a bit bland, but we've all seen that. Arms have good movement, head as well. Torso, not so much.
    Leg movement is the most disappointing, at the knee he can only move on 'click' front or back. Feet are nice, big and stable for posing.
    I'm not gonna say buy him asap, but unless you really like Bumblebee, you can wait.

2. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

:useless 

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

So I guess the bottom line is that just because it uses some Revoltech joints it doesn't mean their posability is anywhere near that of a Revoltech?

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats it. They look halfway decent for some, yet I'm gonna say pass till there $5.

5. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

To even compare them to Revoltechs is insulting. Robot Replicas look like knock-offs.

6. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    QFT.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm only getting BB (cause he's BB), Prime (If he's more poseable) and Frenzy (cause he's Frenzy!).

Overall, I'm dissappointed in this line.

Robot Replicas:
    [​IMG]

8. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Got Barricade today despite his huge head, and man am I disappointed in the posability! Paint is great on him which is the reason that I didn't get BB instead, but his arms have bad poseability and they're so big that it's a real letdown. I will definitely be getting Frenzy as it will be the most movie accurate one of him and I liked him better than I thought I would.

Revoltech these are not.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The short version of my review:

It turns out there's a very good reason Revoltechs cost twice as much as these guys.

Don't expect any more articulation than a standard deluxe aside from the waist area. Arms and legs actually move worse than a standard deluxe.

Bottom line: If you like the sculpt, get it. Just don't expect it to do anything.

10. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Not to put you guys down but is there a detailed review up anywhere with tons of pics :p 

11. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
  12. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I don't know what it is, but BB just looks so . . . dough-like. I guess it's the crappy material these RRs are made from. Man I REALLY hope Revoltech takes to a couple of the movie characters.

13. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Robot Replicas: Bumblebee Review

It’s the American version of Kaiyodo’s Revoltechs but can Hasbro’s Robot Replicas out do Revoltech in the battle of highly detailed pose ability figures? Find out in this detailed review

[​IMG]

I really enjoyed Micheal Bay’s Transformers movie. I thought it was a lot of fun and one of the main characters that I liked the most was Bumblebee. Seeing that the Concept Camaro version of him in his figure deluxe mode is hard to get at the moment, I decided to get what I thought would be the next best thing in his Robot Replica Mode. The word on the net is that these figures are supposed to be something like revoltech……Is it something like that or is it that? Well the answer is this: they are nothing like Revoltech.

LETS TALK ABOUT POSES

For starters, Revoltech is what it is. A series of revolving joints placed on a figure that will enable it to do multiple poses. Revoltech is very articulate and this is where Hasbro’s Robot Replica’s disappoint. For starters, there are no revolving joints located on Bumblebee’s elbows. The only thing you can do with Bumblbees forearm is bend it up or down. There are revolving joints in the knees but because of the Bumblebee’s calf’s, you can only bend them so far thus limiting the articulation on the legs. Not to mention the shoulders which also has some extra kibble on them which leads to limited articulation. Don’t get me wrong, the figure can be posed but the because of the kibble and the lack of revolving joints in the elbows there is only so much that you will be able to pull from it. Also the fist on Revoletch can be articulated whereas the fist on Bumblebee cannot. As for the revolving joints in his ankle those are ok. The allowed me to pull off a cool pose which you can see here:

[​IMG]

Bumblebee is made from plastic and PVS material but he has a cheaper feel to him which the Revoltechs do not. The Robot Replicas are also larger in size compared to the Revoltechs as you can see here:

[​IMG]

ACCESSORIES

The next thing I wanted to compare what the extra parts. I only own 2 Revoltech which are Prime and Megatron. Each one came with extra parts such as fist, hands, and weapons which can be changed out on the figure to create extra poses. Hasbro’s Robot Replicas only came with Bumblebee’s Plasma Ejection Cannon…Ejection Cannon????.......OK. This was a huge disappointment as well but I can see why. We would not want some kid to choke on it of course. There is so much that this figure could have came with such extra hands and his battle helmet that we saw in the movie which was awesome but this is where Hasbro fails and Kaiyodo succeeds.

DETAILS

[​IMG]

Hasbro calls these things replicas which if I am correct, a replica is supposed be an exact representation of how something looks. That’s not a word for word definition but it will do. I think that Hasbro did an OK job with the feet on Bumblebee, they have a lot of detail to them and also the crotch area from which Bumblebee to leak from in the movie. The head is very detailed as well but the paint application does not look as well as Revoltech does. The paint application is so so but it does not even come close to Revoltech. They look great in pictures but as the Transformers say, things are not always what they seem...espicially when you get close to them.

FINAL COMMENTS AND GRADE

I am not going to give Hasbro an F for these figures nor will I give them an A or a B. Hasbro’s Robot Replicas contain too much kibble which limits their poses. The lack revolving joints which also limit their poses and finally, they are not as detailed as they are said to be……they are nothing like Revoltech, not even close so for all those out there, myself included….who said that Hasbro was doing the same thing as Revoltech, we were dead wrong. Here is to hoping that Revoltech will make the movie figures, at least this way we can be sure to get a better product.

Final Grade C-

Around the Horn,
    ARTIMUS ONE

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    None of the pictures are coming up.

15. ARTIMUS ONE

Problem fixed.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope.

Try photobucket, they're way more reliable and no ads.

17. ARTIMUS ONE

I fixed it, I had too many https in there.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looking good Artimus. I just got your PM and was going to suggest that was the problem, glad you were able to fix it.

We've already got a thread going on Bumblebee though, so I've merged this in with it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  19. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Holy shit THAT is how big a revoltech is!?!?!?!?

I never saw a size comparison next to a figure I had seen in person before.

Revoltech Optimus is the size of a Star Wars figure.

Also, why are you calling the actual body armor design on BB kibble? Its not kibble that makes him unarticulated, its poor design.

20. ARTIMUS ONE

It is kibble to me because his parts (Kibble) are in the way. However, you do have a very good point by stating poor design. If some of those pieces has been sculpted better then maybe it would have been better articulated.

Revoltech uses Revolving joints all over and they make sure no part of the robot is the way to prevent the figure from being posed. Hasbro failed miseriably at this. Not to mention because there are no revolving joints in the hips and elbows, the thing lacks the dynamic to be posed in desirable ways. Can you imagine if Revoltech did this with Bumblebee's Battle Helmet, extra fist, and hands, and a much better looking plasma gun???

But the bottom line here is that these things dissapoint...I'd save your money and pass on them.....in fact I gave mines away to my 2 year old son after I posted the review.