Robot Replicas: Battle-Damaged Prime and Megs 2 Pack Out in US

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by crasis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Mods, forgive me if this was posted before, but this was news to me. I just found this Wal-Mart exclusive set tonight at my local CT store. Here are some quick thoughts before I tear this box open:

OPTIMUS PRIME:

After really disliking the paint job on the original RR Prime figure, I'm happy to report that this one is much more acceptable. He actually has blue eyes and less of a unintentional "mohawk", compared to the original figure. The battle damage is a nice black wash with a touch of metallic paint here and there, which helps emphasize the details in the sculpt. The only fairly cheesy damage would be the thick white lines painted on his right chest windows to signify broken glass. Eh, you can't win them all. If you like Robot Replicas at all, and skipped the original Prime due to the horrid paint (like I did), go for this one.

MEGATRON:
    The blackwash effect on Megs is less successful, looking more like he threw on some war paint (especially on the face). This would have been a great opportunity for Hasbro to go all metallic on Megs (a la the Best Buy exclusive), but alas he's still the original grayish blue...only now covered in gunk. To be fair, though, the black does help bring out the details, and makes for a less bland figure than the original. If you don't already have the first RR Megs, I think this one is a bit more interesting.

The figures also sport Autobot and Decepticon symbols on their shoulders respectively, which was not on the originals (nor in the movie designs, so I'm not sure how I feel about it).

Here are some pics of the box:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a quick shot of original Megs with the 2-pack:
    [​IMG]

And this is the shelf they will be going on later:
    [​IMG]

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    My bad!

Mods, can this be moved to the Feedback section? Thanks! :) 

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Good review, I already have both of the originals, and I really like the black on Meg's chest, so I'm thinking to get these as well...