Robot Masters

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by power3921, Mar 26, 2010.

1. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

They seem like a cool line. Im kind of interested in buying a few of them but I cant find any website that sells much of them. I checked TFSource and it only has 2 or 3. Any advice?

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

bbts has a few in, they are expensive there though :lol  especially for their sizes.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Try Ebay :) 

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

You can get some at Toyhell. They also have the oversized versions of Wrecker Hook, Wingstun and Air Hunter.

I have os Wingstun and Wrecker Hook and the larger size works nicely for them. They're both the size of deluxes and Wingstun's colour scheme makes him look great paired with Classics Acid Storm. Must get a digital camera at some stage.

I like to think Wingstun was the G1/pre-Beast version of Waspinator. Botcon even repainted the Wingstun mold as pre-Beast Waspy with a similar colour scheme.

OS Wrecker Hook towers nicely over the likes of G1 Prowl or Robotmasters Mirage.

Recently got the proper RM Mirage and he is one of my favourite TF's. Looks great alongside G1 Prowl and the colour scheme is amazing, really reflecting his cartoon self.

The RM Seekers don't look out of place with the Classics Coneheads and I'm lucky enough to have RM Skywarp, Thundercracker and 2 KO's. The turquoise KO really reminds me of some of the background Seekers from MTMTE.

RM Victory Leo is a great little bot but then I'm all for any bot that looks well with the G1 Diaclones.

Lio Convoy and Optimus Primal are excellent too.

The only one I'd warn you against is Optimus Prime. Nice Bot but truck is terrible. He's also quite fragile. He broke in half when I dropped him. The os KO, while slightly less detailed, is sturdier and a bit bigger, about the same size as the G1 Optimus cab in robot form.

You can check out the fan dubs for the Robotmasters CGI shorts on TFCog. Makes you wish the Robotmasters had more fiction.

To me, the Robotmasters, boosted by the KO's, are my Classics.

I only wish whoever made the large KO's repainted Air Hunter, Wrecker Hook and Wingstun in their Machine Wars and RID colour schemes too. Though I did once see an os MW Thundercracker on Ebay once. Wish I bought him.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

If your looking for robotmasters, dont buy them form ToysNJoys, they say they have them instock which is a big farce!

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    R Blade R Blade R Blade R BladeR BladeR Blade R Blade R Blade R Blade R Blade R Blade

One of my favourite Transformers ever.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I've got Robotmasters Rapid Run and Doubleface. Both VERY cool. I have a KO RM Star Saber and Victory Leo, also... while Victory Leo is pretty cool, Star Saber is a little boring.

I have a Machine Wars Prowl... he's got a spring-loaded transformation that does pretty much the alt to bot transform for you, but he's a LOT of fun to play with, and is the same mold as RM Mirage... and Mirage definitely has the better deco. MW Prowl is just so... plain.

I got Rapid Run and Doubleface from Capturedprey.com on clearance for about $5 a pop. Doubt they have more, though. :( 

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most of the RM line was made up of repaints/retools from the Beast Wars, Machine wars and G2 lines. The original molds they made for BW Megs, Primal, Optimus, Starscream, Victory Leo, Star Saber and Lio Convoy are very nice miniature versions of their full size counterparts.

9. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got Prime and Primal and I have to say I'm quite happy with both. I wouldn't call Prime so much fragile as I would incredibly light. He's had several tumbles and hasn't broken yet.

The truck mode; my only real complaint is that his head is still visible. Comparing it to the classics deluxe Prime; its legs fold under the main body area better, and the thing holds together better in truck mode. I like it.

10. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    have R-Blade, G1 Convoy and the e-hobby Dark Victory Saber set - and I like them all to a greater or lesser extent.

Ironically, the one I really want - Lio Convoy (preferably with the metallic red, from the + DVD set) - I only gained an interest in recently, after getting IDW's Beast Wars Omnibus... sigh.

There's never a TARDIS around when you need one.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Prime and Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker and Optimus Primal. The Prime mold is nice but yes the truck mode isn't that great. The Seekers are neat little guys. Optimus Primal is my favorite of the bunch; nice mold and more posable.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of my favorite RMs is the black Victory Saber set. Like Motor_Master said, they're pretty much miniature versions of the originals with a few changes. But the more manageable size and snazzy blacks and purples make it a pretty cool piece.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    That's quite the feat considering he was never made.

The Black Prime is Prime in a Solartarium enhanced coating. He's not a Black Convoy, nor is he a Nemesis Prime. Like many black repaints of Convoy/Prime, he's not a bad guy, and like Nucleon Quest Convoy, he's the original Convoy/Prime in a new deco.

Back on topic, some of the Robot Masters were great, some were OK. My personal favorite from the line was Reverse Convoy.

14. combaticon164

Reverse Convoy is my favorite as well and besides Lio Convoy, one of the hardest figures in the line to get.

15. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I have Prime, SS, Skywarp and Thundercracker. The seekers are nice, and fun to fiddle with, but not quite as awesome as the classics seeker mold. Optimus Prime is cool. He's like a better version of the classics deluxe mold. My main gripes are that he feels cheap and has child-baring hips. I would recommend, but I wouldn't pay too much for them. I also have G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen which were redeco'd in the Robot Masters line, and I would highly recommend them.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I only have 4 from this line. StarSaber, Victory Leo, Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper they're all great figures....Great i'm reminded of how much i want Reverse Convoy. :cry 

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't need the history lesson. I refer to him as Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime just as I do any of my black Prime repaints.

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

So far no ones answered my question of where i could find Star Saber for an ok price.

19. combaticon164

Well, try bbts they have the set for 75$ unfortunately that might be the cheapest price for him

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want Star Saber and Victory Leo