Robot masters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironhide2005, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Just heard about these and wonder if I should pick them up I am thinking of optimus and thundercracker but what is there articulation and size like(deluxe,voyager,leader,etc.)thanks

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    They're deluxe-sized and fairly meh. Not worth getting, IMO.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

They were fantastic when they came out, but on the whole I think Classics do it better. I don't have Prime (who by all accounts is virtually a miniature Masterpiece), but I do have Starscream. He's a great figure (first time we'd seen a Seeker with fully-integrated transformation), but he's roughly Scout-sized (the top of his head comes to a Classics' Seeker's shoulders), and his Classics incarnation tops him for articulation anyway.

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

He wasnt the first seeker. Theres arm screamer for example.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Okay, yeah, my bad. Certainly the first G1-styled Seeker, though.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The BW Megatron was a really neat little figure, and the Optimus Primal looks pretty good too.

Outside of that, I wouldnt really say there were any stand out Robotmasters figures, excluding the Gigantbomb and Smokesniper set (I think that was it?) and Reverse Convoy

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, some of the ones that are recycled from previous lines are pretty darned cool, like GB and SS, as you said (who started life in G2) and the Lasercycle redecos.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Victory leo and starsaber are a must pick up :) 

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A definate yes for Victory Leo and Star saber. A very cheap way to get a good quality scaled down version of the orignal. The beast ones are pretty good as well (Primal, Megs, Lio Convoy). The Gigant bomber and smokesniper are two excellent ones as well. The Prime is good as is the Seeker mold, but yes the classics seeker version is better.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Robot Masters fell into two groups:

very cool redecos (like Double Face, G2 Road Pig in Armada Sideways colors, very nice!), Ligier and R-Blade (redone as the G1 Mirage and Jetfire colors).

Second group were the new molds. Mostly awesome, Starscream in my opinion would be one of the weaker ones. Primal and Megatron - excellent, though Megatron's tail was a pain to get on sometimes. Star Saber - nice. Victory Leo - cool, though he is not as good because he sacrifices a bit for Victory Saber mode. Optimus - decent, though truck mode is a little off and he's not all that poseable. Lio Convoy - he's cool, though lion mode's paws are a pain.

It was a decent little line. Only thing is, the toys are all pretty small. Compared to Strongarm from Energon, they look very puny. On the other hand, the smaller Beast Wars guys mostly look better with the other Beast Wars toys than the larger originals. Primal for example, while still a shade too small, looks far more in scale with the other Maximals than the Ultra Class does. Megatron and Lio look a little less at home among their respective troops, but the overall effect is still great.

11. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I have Reverse Convoy/Rebirth Megatron. Its a retool of the smaller G2 Megatron with some added bonuses. I love it!

12. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here are the must haves in the RM line:
    Lio convoy(metallic or the black ehobby)
    Reverse Convoy
    Victory Leo and Star Saber
    G1 Convoy(metallic)
    Smoke Sniper and Gigant Bomb

If you really want Primal and Megs, I suggest getting the Japanese reissues, same exact molds but more accurate colors.

As for the seekers SS, TC and SW they are decent individually. But as a group, perfect. Specially if you dont want to fork out a ton of cash for the Botcon/Henkei TC.

Keep an eye out in the Junkion exchange. They pop out every once in a while at very low prices, try to steer clear of ebay BINs.

13. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

good luck trying to find misb versions of screamer and the cracker/skywarp 2-pack. i've been trying to get those for a while now but they're pretty tough to find. g1 optimus is getting harder to snag as well. of course i did luck out and get a misb screamer off e-bay for $13 and change a while back but someone stole the package before i could get it but that's a whole different story.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i only one four.

starsabre, victory leo, gigant bomb and smokensniper all pretty cool.

i want reverse convoy..my other childhood grail.

15. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I have Bound Rouge and Psycho Orb, redecos of BW Snarl and Armordillo. Both are cool and worth picking up.

16. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    You can see most of the line on this shelf;

[​IMG]

I don't have the Pearlised Starsabre on display, and don't own 3 of the Black repaints.

In terms of size, the Convoy is roughly the same size as the Energon Strongarm mold.

17. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I want! Gimme! ;)  Is that really Reverse Convoy in the upper left corner? He's bigger than Gigant Bomb! I thought he was about the same size as the Convoys were (Convoy, Beast, Lio). How interesting. Now I want him more.

I'm kind of surprised (and a bit sad) that they didn't produce enemies for Lio Convoy and Star Saber+Vic Leo. Who'd have loved the small sized BW2 Galvatron and a small sized Deathsaurus?

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I stagger the heights of my Transformers with DVD and CD cases.

Reverse Convoy is standing on some, but Gigant Bomb isn't.

Reverse Convoy is the same size as the older versions of that mold with the original head (Bludgeon and Hero Megatron).