Robot Masters Knockoffs!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few weeks ago, I found the best and coolest KO's ever! Well, something like that...

It's cool since these are KO's of japanese toys and KO's of some pretty expensive ones too, and good because they are of exceptionally good quality. And, very cheap too, even as KO's go!

I've seen so far Convoy, Ligier, Wrecker Hook, R-Blade,Air Hunter and Wing Stun. On the backer card, there are pics of two more, interestingly instead of Psycho orb and Bound Rogue, repaints of BW Rattrap and Razorbeast. I'vent seen those two yet, though.

Bought Convoy, R-Blade and Air Hunter (since I got the rest of the molds just a few days ago, thanks to Besty :D  ). R-Blade is, I think, even better then a G2 Cyberjet , as the plastic is harder. The eye is painted blue, but other paintjobs are missing here and there, still, he looks even more like a G1 Jetfire now.
    Air Hunter is the only one whom I'm a bit dissapointed in, as the head is not ball-jointed but one piece with the body. He's still a flip-action toy, and the gun can be taken apart and put into the legs like the original.

G1 Convoy... much coolness! The toy's just like the original, except it only comes with one set of fists, so he can't hold the G1-styled rifle. Btw, all the toys come with all the weapons, except these are all translucent orange-colored, and thus, the eyes and Prime's windows are orange as well. Prime has a great amount of paintjob considering this is a KO. He transforms well and can hold the (working) rocket launcher and the energo axe.

I've bought another Prime and going to repaint it to Magnus colors...

Oh, the packaging is funny, the toys are called Robot Transformers. There's some DW artwork on them, plus all RM1-5 toys come with a little boxart insert. There are no instructions though.

R-Blade (really good KO)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back of card:

[​IMG]

Optimus Prime

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Air Hunter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

not amazing ko's but there not to bad

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Ugh, that transparent orange totallys destroys what is otherwise a decent looking Prime KO.

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once again i'm in shock of the quality...........

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'd go for that Prime KO. Where'd you get it?

6. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of these were released in my country several months ago, although our set didnt had the repainted beasts

I bought two Prime´s, and i found that each set of fits comes randomly packaged, so with some luck, you could find the others

also, i got like 3 Air Hunter´s, and everyone came broken at the flip gear :( 

Something i like is the quality of the clear pieces, unlike many other KOs, these are simply great! And i think the clear missile from Rblade, looks BETTER than the yellow from the 3 cyberjets

Ligier & Wreckerhook are nice also, but Wrecker came missing the gun (only the grill was glued), and Ligier missing the little "seat" in car mode

Another thing i found on Prime, is that his head and face, is MORE detailed than my metallic RM... although i later found that the normal release was also more detailed than the metallic one :( 

7. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

That's not so weird if you consider the fact that metallic paint is often thicker than normal paint :thumb 

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Ok I REALLY need to go to my local Big Lots now.

9. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Welcome to last year...

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

What I find amusing is that IMO, Robot Masters are basically KOs. The quality is pretty craptacular and making KOs of KOs is just really really funny.

11. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I got an excellent knock off of robot masters victory sabre from china. It feels less like a knockoff than the cheapo feeling original.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That Prime would be good kitbash fodder. That's about all the original is good for too, so....

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    if they show up at Big Lots I would buy the Cyberjets and Flipchangers for repaints and the fact that I love those molds

14. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dunno what you got, but all the original RMs i got have excelent quality (except for one of the cyberjets)

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are avaliable in pretty much everywhere in my country. Though, I've never seen the repainted beasts so far. Maybe they don't even exist.

My Air Hunter had no problem - except that I was dissapointed in the face being molded to the body.

16. Napjr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, that pissed me off. Wing Stun also have the head molded in the body

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.