Robot Kingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimatron, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Hey everybody. I was wondering if people could give me some information about RobotKingdom.

I think they are a UK company but I'm not sure...

Also...I was wondering what shipping has been like for our US members?

I've always just ordered from BBTS and feebay, but I found a couple items I'm interested in and Robot Kingdom is the best price so far but I was curious about shipping prices.

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    FYI Robotkingdom is from Hong Kong. :) 
    they are pretty much on the ball and are quite professional and send things cheap and fairly securely and not to mention fast! :D 

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    They are in Hong Kong.

Shipping to Australia for a single item is around $10-30 for cheapest shipping option and depending on size. I would guess to the U.S it would be between $20-40.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shipping price is pretty high, but most of the time it still ends up cheaper than BBTS/TFsource+shipping. It's pretty fast too; I get stuff in about a week.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    this. :D 

6. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

For shipping just "order" something and check out. Shipping prices will be posted before you pay and you do not need an accout to do it.

7. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

I've been switching to them more and more as BBTS is just a bit too over the top with most of their pricing. When you take into account the cost and then the shipping, in most cases it is still cheaper.

8. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just did this for MP-12 Amazon Exclusive Sideswipe and shipping to the US is $21. Comes out to be $3.00 less before shipping from BBTS.

9. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AND I just placed an order for two MP-12 Amazon exclusives. Damn it. : )

Came to $163.35 with shipping. Use that to gauge your order of these guys.

10. hoosierdaddy04

Yea BBTS's shipping is a bit off IMO. Still thinking of switching my preorders to RK... Though I do like to support US based retailers.... EH, I won't lose any sleep over $20 this time I guess. As of right now RK will start getting the bulk of my future pre orders however. Not to sound cheap but $20x5-6 orders a year=more figures for me.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're a site sponsor if that says anything :D 

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    LMAO.

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Does anyone search? This is the second thread I've seen about RK today and certainly not the first I've seen this week.

They're legit. They've been around for years and, somehow, figured out how to send packages overseas and pack them well. It's like your package isn't the first one they've ever mailed.
    They're in Hong Kong. Customer service email responses are slower because they're 12 hours off from New York (EST). They'll get to it. You aren't their only customer.
    Yes, shipping is more BUT the prices are lower. Recently, price + shipping from RK has been hitting under BBTS/TFSource retail before shipping on import items. And you'll probably get it sooner than BBTS/TFSource, even with airmail.
    Airmail takes up to 2 weeks, EMS averages 3-5 days (if not faster, the only times I've used it, it's been overnight). Packages are registered, so you better be home or patient. You can track your package using the reference number included in the shipping confirmation email, either on the Hong Kong Post website or the destination country's regular mail website. You know who delivers your regular mail packages, that's the site you go to.
    You have to pay when you preorder. Get over it. They're honest, and if you ask for a refund you'll get it. The order number is in the receipt email from Paypal if you absolutely need it.

Anything else I missed?

14. hoosierdaddy04

What do they sell again???

Kidding... Dang someone piss in your cheerios or something???

15. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

If I wasn't hoping for a Hasbro release of MP 13, I probably would place my order with them.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Hasbro's MP-13 might only be released sometime in 2014 if you're lucky!

17. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

This. I live in Canada as well and shipping has been pretty damn good. I haven't gotten hit with a customs fee (yet) and so far everything has arrived within a week or so and has been all minty. They pack the items really good.

I really enjoy dealing with them. I plan to keep using them as much as I can for non retail stuff or stuff I can't get here.

I just hope they can help me with my current issue... I have to admit that if they just leave me high and dry on it (so to speak) it might make me feel a bit taken back by them... I don't know. I think if I was the company I'd try to help over a small issue even if it cost a bit as long as I knew they were going to be a returning customer or someone who has already purchased a bunch of stuff from them...

18. mattomaton

mattomaton ...

What kind of problem are you experiencing?

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

My PE-DX-01B RC, one of the swords broke. I contacted them to see about a replacement. Heck I wouldn't even mind spending a bit if I have to to get a replacement. They asked for pics and I had already been in the process of trying to fix it (I should have contacted them first, right away I guess) but it is still clearly broken and I'm just hoping it's ok and the can give me a replacement. If not... well I don't know then. It is just upsetting. (Not RK, just the situation).

If they do take care of me though that is going to even further boost my admiration for this company.

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Appreciate the replies fellas. I didn't even remember I posted this thread untill I was thinking about it again.

Haha you guys read my mind. The new MP12 and MP14 are exactly what I was price checking. I think I may go with Robot Kingdom on those purchases. Shipping was the only variable left to figure out.