Robot Kingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Coinhound, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is it a good place to order from? Some nice stuff there.

CH

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I got my Battle Rollar there, everything went fine.

3. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

I've used robot kingdom's service a few times. No prob's.

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Just beware of shipping costs. I ordered Masterpiece Megatron and Starscream for 50 bucks less than normal, but they charged me 40 bucks for three day shipping (that was the ONLY shipping type they offered), so I didn't really end up saving anything. :( 

5. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

This. I had the exact same order incidentally...same story.

But they pack everything to withstand a nuclear direct hit. Everything is packed in bubble wrap, then wrapped with crunched newspaper and styrofoam peanuts for good measure.

They have a great staff that cares and wants to earn your business. No, I'm not shilling for Robot Kingdom, I have just been burned in the past, and when you get a great dealer finally, you are grateful.

So yes, I would reccommend Robot Kingdom.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've never ordered from them, but my friend vector used to order from them quite a bit. He never had any problems. Shipping is pricey, but it's international shipping *shrugs*

Personally, I've been able to find what I need from other stores, but if I really wanted something from them I think I'd feel confident in ordering. :) 

7. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

They seem to be ok to order from. Just keep in mind what you order and how much you order at a time. Just like the others mentioned, shipping *can* cost more than than expected depending on the order. Though whether shipping is low or high for you, they nonetheless should take care of you just fine and safely ship your item(s) fine. So order away!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    The reason shipping is high is because its ems which is usually 3-5 days to anywhere.

9. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

I'm not so sure about this one.

10. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I've ordered from them several times, I've never had a problem. Recommended for sure.

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I have been told service is good but shipping and duty tax are a bitch

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Shipping from Asia (RK is located in Hong Kong) to North America or Europe is pricey.

13. rkg123

rkg123 Well-Known Member

I've ordered from them a few times - so far so good...and it's where I pre-ordered MP grimlock so I'm hoping for another good transaction

Pros
    -fast shipping
    -well packed

Cons
    -high high shipping charges (that go up astronomically depending on how many items you put in your basket)
    -whenever I ask a two questions - only one question gets answered...I don't know if this is a language barrier thing or not...

14. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I love RK! No hidden costs before you buy and good prices.

Example: If I try to buy some from somebody in Honk Kong on Ebay they charge 30 bucks shipping per Item. Robotkingdom charges the actual weight. This way it's cheaper to buy more.

I always try to buy more items to downsize the shippingcosts.

And the Prices are gooooooooooood!!!

MP Grimlock
    TF-Source: $139,95 + 19,86 (USPS) = 159,81
    Robotkingdom: $119,90 + 36,85 (EMS) = 156,75

2 pieces
    TF-Source: $239,90 + 36,60 (USPS) = 306,50
    Robotkingdom: $239,80 + 63,07 (EMS) = 302,87

It's not much, but it's cheaper!!!

And duty tax?? I alwas ask them to write GIFT worth 20 bucks or so to avoid that nonsence. And I'm from Holland. Over here Duty is horror.

Robotkingdom are great!

15. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Recommended hands down.

16. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone who ordered MP Grimlock from Robot Kingdom gotten it from them yet?

17. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Robot Kingdom is reliable. The shipping costs are high and the wait times are longer since they are in Hong Kong. The more more you buy, the more you save. By the way, since it is company, they cannot legally ship their items as Gifts.

18. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I don't dispute that. Shipping from Asia is never cheap. However, you're not even given a chance to select shipping methods. They simply pick it for you.

Personally, I don't care how quickly something gets to me as long as it gets to me in the end. If it's well-packed, then I don't mind waiting an extra two to three weeks if it cuts shipping from, say, 40 dollars to 20 dollars.

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    They (and HLJ, for that matter, but I only feel like posting this once) do let buyers pick shipping methods to an extent. It's all about how big something is and how much it weighs. Once everything is packed well enough that it won't show up looking like it was raped (too racy of a reference?), it adds to the weight and dimensions significantly. The average sized box I use is around 10 oz, and that doesn't include protecting the contents. So even sending a carded deluxe (around 7-8 oz, give or take) suddenly becomes well over a pound (crossing the 500 gram mark).

I really doubt size is the issue in any of these mentioned cases, but either way... Putting a large MISB figure (Think Encore Omega Supreme, since I think this is where a lot of HLJ issues came from) in a box large enough to hold it and enough packing material so it doesn't show up raped (see above question about word choice) adds to the dimensions of an already large box. I have no idea what the specifics are, but in most cases there are size restrictions on mail. It just so happens that the average pieces of mail don't exceed the dimensions, so no one ever worries about it.

And just because we can send it to them doesn't mean they can send it to us. Restrictions on size and weight for shipping vary by carrier. USPS doesn't have a branch office in Hong Kong. Over there they have to use Hong Kong Post, a completely different carrier.

And honestly, they're just covering their own asses. Slower shipping methods require more time in transit where items could be lost or damaged. Since the expensive methods are usually the only insurable ones, they as the retailer are out money. In most cases, all it takes is one burn before new, better protecting rules set in.

/rant

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't really ever bought anything from overseas. my Encore Ratchet with all its un-decipherable calligraphy, came from BBTS.
    I have been to RK, and i have checked out the Insane HLJ sale.
    I was having a "moment" seeing Encore Omega Supreme for $60. A Classics 1.0 Hwnkei Megs for $19, and A Henkei Classics 1.0 Jetfire/Skyfire for under 20 bucks.
    Shipping made me sob.
    O.S.- $40
    Megs and skyfire- $18

i cannot justify paying shipping that costs as much or more than a bot.

just double check the shipping, is all i can say here.