Robot Kingdom & Preorders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Since the online store RobotKingdom is offering some of the much-desired "Transformers Prime" toys I'm thinking about ordering some.From what I've read they have a pretty positive reputation as seller but does the same hold true for items that aren't yet in stock?

The front page lists the Prime Voyager case as "Available" starting today but there's also an item still listed as preorder that was supposed to be available starting in January. That's whats concerning me.

2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

When they have pre-order listed as "available" or "in-stock", it only means you can place a pre-order. The item description will say it's a pre-order with any expected date.

Sometime they may have older stuff in pre-order still, but that can be a a restock or a re-release if it initially sold-out.

I place many pre-order with them, and never had problem.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Good to know. Is the date they initially list in an order page pretty accurate?

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    BBTS have these much desired TP toys too.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Set to arrive helluva lot later than some of the TFP stuff on RK, and I've learned to not trust BBTS' pre-orders to come in on time. I've had several things just NEVER come in... And then the listing gets quietly removed.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Just get it from RK. They seem to ship stuff first, even to the States ahead of BBTS and TFSource.

7. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Well that's not something they can really control. If the toy maker annonce something for a date, then decide to push back the release, there's nothing RK, or any store, can do about it. But when it's Takara/Hasbro stuff, it's usually quite accurate.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I know that. But the OP seems to be under the impression that RK is the only vendor with them on preorder.

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    ^ Ah.

Anyway, BBTS is fine when they have the product on hand, but their preorders are sketchy. This is my first time doing preorders with RK, so fingers crossed.

10. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have done 2 preorders with them - the first one shipped when it should have, and I was pleased with the turn-around time. The second I only recently pre-ordered, and the shipping date is later this month, but I am feeling confident about it. I have also ordered 2 in stock items and have been pleased with them. YMMV.

11. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Does Robot Kingdom ship items together, or separately when some of it is in stock and some of it is on pre-order?

12. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if it's on the same order they will ship together when the pre-order item is in stock.

I've pre-ordered a lot from RK, both together with in stock items and alone. Never had any problems, items usually ship on date (or even a little before) as far as I've seen.
    Note: I have never pre-ordered a hasbro US release from RK, only Takara or 3rd party Japanese/chinese toys.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Robotkingdom's pre-order date falls under the same accuracy as BBTS in that it's always subject to change based on the supplier.

The reason that people believe that Robotkingdom's estimate is more accurate then BBTS is that since they are in HK they get the items first.

14. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I have ordered from them many times and have been very pleased with them, so I placed my first pre-order earlier this month(WST Astrotrain and Sixshot) Really looking forward to them arriving.