Robot Heros, Protoform Jazz=Protoform OP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gabumon, Nov 30, 2007.

1. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw the Robot Heroes pack with "Protoform Jazz"... but it doesn't really look like jazz at all, the hands are different the face is different... I'm really thinking its supposed to be Protoform Prime!

Anyone else agree?

(I did so a search in the forums, so I hope I'm not reposting...)

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    im not familiar with which toys you're talking about, but all protoforms looked the same in the movie...so im assuming they look similar in toy form as well

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yep, Jazz does look like Optimus because as RHansen said all Protoforms look alike until they scan their disguises.

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the same thing when I picked up that 2 a few weeks back. We never got a good look at Jazz's protoform in the movie, but I too think this toy just screams Optimus.

5. gabumon

News Credits:
    According to the official comic prequel the protoforms look quite different, Arcee, BB, OP. I'll have to freeze frame the 2007 movie to see if they are different in the movie itself.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The only reason they looked the same in the movie was budgeting. It would've cost several thousand more dollars to produce 3 more protoform models (Prime had one, Bee didn't need one) and in the end the protoforms didn't get much of any screen time at all, so it would've been pointless to spend that money that way. In all the movie expanded universe material, the protoforms are all different in unique ways.
    DN

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it was probably originally intended to be Protoform Op, but it was changed to Jazz at some point because someone at Hasbro decided they didn't want to confuse kiddies by having more than one Op in the same wave of figures (or Bumblebee for that matter) - and since Protoforms supposedly all looked alike, it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name.

8. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe you can just make him whoever you want him to be .... buy 4 more and say you have them all :) 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, all the protoforms are the same, other than size. I think the reason that they look different in the pre-quel comic books, is because that is them before traveling to earth, aka their Cybertronian modes. The only thing is that we don't know if the Decepticon protoforms lookt he same as the Autobot ones or not, as we never did see one in the movie. Megs happens to be an exception to the protoform rule, as his Cybertronian mode can travel threw space by itself.

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    ya got that right :D 

11. gabumon

News Credits:
    I'm not saying that I disagree, (cuz I don't), but have you seen how many "galatic heros" Luke's and Anakins there are? Silly hasbro :) 

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's just due to a limited budget in themovie, the toy is clearly a protoform Prime, even Ironhide kept his head design in the movie and someone decided to change the toy's name to Jazz.