Robot Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen the Robot heroes Prowl and Laserbeak in stores as of late?

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I haven't seen it.

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Ive seen it, but didnt have a camera at the time :sad.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I thought they were cancelled?

(then again, usually if a toy has made it to the packaging stage, they do get released eventually)

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Last I checked Prowl and Laserbeak didn't make the Robot Heroes cutoff line, from what I've heard all new waves have been canceled until the movie 2 Robot Heroes are out. Which sucks, no Victory Saber, no Laserbeak, no Predaking... I cry...

Who knows, the molds are produced so they might find some way of being released.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The last six Universe Robot Heroes sets are "cancelled" according to Hasrbo.

Though Tigatron/Inferno and Predaking/Ricochet saw a very limited release in at least Singapore, and there were a couple for sale online at high markup.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Haven't seen them....but I want them.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Me too! It was right next to the MISB blue Bluestreak and the Henkei Black Convoy!

9. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Those have also been sighted in Australia too, so I'd assume at least these ones will see a US release.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The Australian sighting wasn't front-paged so I didn't notice it. Good to know though. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro released the molds later on down the line though. Stranger things have happened.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I saw it and the Ricochet at a local Target, but I don't collect Robot Heroes so I didn't know these were up in the air either. I can't recall for sure and obviously I didn't think to take a picture, so don't quote me on it.

12. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So I assume that means the RiD Prime and RiD Megatron two pack didn't get released either? I've been checking the pegs for that set lately waiting for them to come out.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the last couple of waves of Robot Heroes, unfortunately, have been canceled for the foreseeable future. And Hasbro refuses to talk about their plans for 2010 at all at this point (probably won't even throw us any bones about it until Botcon) so it's hard to say if they will receive a future release once the Revenge of the Fallen line dies down... though I figure they probably will as Hasbro would be foolish to design these guys and spend money on the molds for them to never see the light of day at all.

So, for now that means no Tigatron vs. Inferno, Ricochet vs. Predaking, Prowl vs. Laserbeak, RID Optimus Prime vs. RID Megatron & Victory Saber vs. Deathsaurus. Sad, but currently true and it was confirmed by the question being asked to them point blank in the last Q&A session and them saying that 'they were not planning on releasing these figures at this time'. So... yeah... sad, but true.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think someone at Hasbro got canceled and confused mixed up.

It's looking fairly unlikely that we will see them this year in the US since the main focus seems to be on the movie stuff right now. Hasbro doesn't know how long the movie stuff will be hot so they can't really say how long it will be until the non-movie stuff comes back.

Given that they seem to sell pretty good and it's not as much work to put them out I could see them as one of the first set we see once things shift out to the movie only phase and into more of a some of everything phase.

But yea the wait is sort of bad when you don't know how long you will have to wait. I'm still looking forward to them though one of these days. So I don't think the mold has been dumped in the ocean or anything that would keep them from releasing them later on.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What Dinobots got the Robot Heroes molds? All I have is Grimlock.
    Here is what I have, what am I missing?
    [​IMG]

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Snarl is the only other Dinobot released so far so when you get him you will be all caught up with the Robot Heroes Dinobots that have been released.

[​IMG]

There is a pretty good list here if you want to compare it to what you have so you can figure out which holes you want to fill in your collection Robot Heroes Wikia

17. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    awww for fucks sake!!! I really wanted my g1 robot heroes to continue. Now i'm going to sell the bitches because we will never have a near complete set!!