Robot Heroes Sharkticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    FINALLY!!!

That took two years to track down. I bought my then-girlfriend a near-complete set of Robot Heroes and custom made them a display case for Christmas 2009. It was awesome, because I did a treasure hunt and every figure had a rhyming clue as to the whereabouts of the next figure. But I could never find Sharkticon.

Two years older and no wiser, and a failed relationship later I have finally tracked down the missing figure on eBay. £20 though,but I'm still going to give her the figure.

Anyone else had problems finding the final Robot Hero for a collection? Is Sharkticon a particular bastard to find?

Anyone got a Prowl or Laserbeak?

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Slag/Sharkticon was the last G1 two-pack I tracked down. I looked randomly on BBTS and they had one in stock and jumped on it.

As for Prowl/Laserbeak, I think the person that had the four canceled two-packs still has theirs up on eBay...if you want to pay a couple hundred for it, at least.

3. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Tempting, but I'd rip them open. Might have to wait for a loose set.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy them and rip them open if they were cheaper...I've come to love Robot Heroes significantly (really, we can't get these as SDCC exclusives, or stick these at discount stores instead of another wave of goddamn Cybertron scouts?) but I'm not paying nearly $1000 for eight Robot Heroes, no matter how rare they are. I'll see if the price comes down and we'll see...

As for Slag and Sharkticon, I remember he was even a pain in the ass to find loose...I would see Slag every so often, but not Sharkticon. I wonder if any people actually tried army building with them and that's how a few loose Slags showed up?

5. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    I skipped buying these in stores and just bought three loose collections online, ended up with 98% of the collection and a bunch of spares at much cheaper than retail, so I had no idea if any of them were rare until I tried to find Sharkticon.
    $225 for 'beak and Prowl I could justify,but not the other six. G1 is more important to my collection.