Minor/Repaint: Robot Heroes Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Well, maybe not Nemesis Prime but more evil for sure! I had an extra RH Prime that came with a TF puzzle that I bought from Target and since I was already working on Unicron, I decided to give me an extra little Prime for the collection!

I started off by painting this guy black from top to bottom. I added some grey to his hands, crotch, upper legs, faceplate, crest, and the vents on the side of his faceplate. I had this very cool blue acrylic that I decided to use instead of red for the windows. I liked it so much that I decided to use it as the color for several highlights on the figure. Red and Yellow accents and Silver on his leg vents and exhaust pipes set everything off pretty nicely, I think. As almost always, I sealed him up with some Future Finish floor wax.

I don't think you see a whole lot of people working on these little guys and I had so much fun with the two that I've done so far that I may just make a habit of these!

As always comments and critique are welcome!

Attached Files:

2. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Dude, that looks so awesome. All your attention to detail makes this guy so great. I've been thinking about picking up some robot heros myself to do some paint touch ups.

3. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Was the figure clear coated? In any case, I like the glossy black used! Very nice. And the blue windows are a refreshing change from the traditional red or purple for nemmy. I like!

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Thanks for your comment! The little guys really are a lot of fun if you have patience with the small details. It can get taxing sometimes!

High praise indeed! Thank you! I used an acrylic floor wax for the clear coat. Typically, I'll use flat paints when I actually paint a figure and then either use the floor wax for a shiney effect or Testor's Model Masters flat clear coat for a more dull effect.

Thanks again for the feedback!

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Turned out great, makes me want one.