Robot Heroes "25th Anniversary" first six

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Feralstorm, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    found these guys at Wal-Mart today.

G1 Set 1: Perceptor and Hardshell (Bombshell)
    Perceptor: Good clone of the G1 cartoon design. Has a curious smirk/grin on his face. Hands look too big for the rest of him. Only pose that doesn't look wierd is a pointing "dudes, check that $#1+ out!" pose. Pretty decent overall except for his freaky-big hand.

Hard... Bombshell: Looks OK, if somewhat uninspired. Pose reminds me of several of the movie RH figures, sort of a "Frankenstein sneaking up on you" kinda thing. Good to finish off the three Insecticons, (even if only one retains its original name) though Hardshell is the least interesting of the group.

G1 Set 2: Snarl (Slag) and Sharkticon
    Slag (sigh): Interesting to note that, details and color, this seems to be more toy-based than cartoon-based in terms of looks. The pose and expression give the impression that he's super-psychotically ready to go kill something. Neat that the whole head assembly can rotate. One of the stars of this wave.

Sharkticon: Absolutely adorable, and rotund., and happy. Looks like he just barged in on a kegger or something. The only downside here is that I probably would've liked a cutesy figure of the froggy shark mode better. Still an excellent figure.

Beast Machines set: Cheetor and Tankor
    Cheetor: Impressive that they managed to chibi up a spindly design like BM Cheetor. Head looks kinda snaggle-puppy-like. Sword gets in the way of arm movement. Could use a little more paint detail on the body. BM Maximal symbol on the kneecap.

Tankor: Interesting take on the design. Nice metallic paint work. The head seems a bit squashed front-to-back IMO, and the shoulder cannon's got one to many prongs. Otherwise a cool little figure, and nice to see the Vehicon symbol again.

Extra notes Unlike several figures from the last couple RH waves, none of these had any trouble standing.

Overall: All the figures in this group are decent in their own way. If you were to get only one set out of the three, I'd go with Slag/Sharkticon, as both of them are excellent little figures that play up the cuteness to hilariously appealing effect.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    :useless 

Sorry haven't been able to use this yet. lol. I dont collect Robot heroes but From what I've seen look cute.

3. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I snagged Cheetor and Tankor the other day. I thought that would be the only set of this wave that I would "need," as I'm a huge Beast Machines fan. I stared at Slag/Sharkticon for the longest time though, and will likely purchase them as well.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I'm only collecting the G1 characters. I haven't found them yet but, I'm looking. Thanks for the feedback on them.

5. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sharkticon just might be my favorite Robot Hero ever.

He's just that awesome!

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sharkticon looks like he should be holding a beer bottle and wearing a bedsheet toga.

7. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Picked up Beast Machines Cheetor and Tankor. I note that both these characters originally came out at the same time and at the same $15 price point when the line was first in stores, and here they are again. Coincidence? You decide. :p 

[​IMG]

Cheetor - somewhat spindly, though not as much as the show model or various transforming versions. This is a decent cut-down Cheetor, who most closely resembles either the show model or Supreme Cheetor, rather than Night Slash or Titanium Cheetor. He has a huge grin and bright green eyes, and only one sword, which is metallic silver when it should be the same yellow that he is. Posing is hampered by the angle of the sword, which amusingly can be used to cover his face. Maximal symbol is on one knee.

Tankor - far more deformed than Cheetor, and based off the show model/tank drone rather than the original toy. While the basic toy looks pretty good, the colors are really off. The portions that should be dark blue are light metallic blue. The shoulder cannon is an amusing tiny little thing, and the head has been flattened front to back. Articulation is the usual neck and shoulders, but is better than Cheetor's since the head and hands don't really get caught on anything.

A fun little set, and it's great to see Beast Machines getting some attention. Now where's my Megabolt Robot Hero?

8. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Slag: as Feralstorm mentioned, Slag is based more off the toy than the animation model, but that suits me. It's a really good cut down version of the character, though the dino head seriously needs some more paint. I mean, the dino forelegs get silver paint on grey plastic, but the dino head frill doesn't? Still an excellent Robot Hero.

So if Snarl gets his own RH, what are they going to name him now?

Gnaw: like an egg with feet. Great little figure, and if they were cheaper I'd troop-build. I love the bright color scheme and all the little details that are based off the toy.

I wonder if Slag said "excuse me!" to Gnaw when they were packaged? :) 

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I have little interest in this wave, but they do look good. I might get the set with Hardshell in it, or try and get one off of a fellow board member who doesn't want him, so I can use the head for a kitbash I have planned. Would be a whole lot easier than trying to mold my own, and wold look better than if I just repainted the head the bot already has.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    May pick up that BM set, Id quite like a Tankor.

11. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    The only set of these that I like is the Perceptor one.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    One of the best waves thus far IMO. Slag is obviously my fav since it's a Dinobot, but I think it was done really well anyway! I agree with Shane, the Triceratops frill could have used some silver paint and the horns as well I think. I probably would have gone with the frill and horns matching in a metallic silver color rather than the toy accurate red horns, but I shouldn;t complain :)  I was happy to see it had head movement!

Sharkticon is great as well! The design lended itself to cutesy pretty well since it was pretty much a ball with arms and legs. Very nice they included the mace!

My only nitpick about Cheetor is the sword's position in its hand doesn't allow that arm much movement.

Tankor, Perceptor and Bombshell are solid, great renditions of the cartoon models. Nothing fantastic with them, just great little display pieces.