Robot Hero SG-01 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mapatel, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's tapes are pretty much "real sized" already. G1 Soundwave was a micro cassette recorder/player...

• Like Like x 1
  2. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

I think 3? TT KO, THF (2 releases, one with all the tapes. Other with only Laserbeak) and RH.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That sounds right. @Bots and Bits reviewed all three, and he said the Robot Heroes one is the best, but disappointing compared to their os Seekers and not as good as the official.

• Like Like x 4
  4. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone explain the difference in the heads between the THF, Takara, and this one? Ive heard @Bots and Bits say thf has the "year of the goat" head... but I cant see whats different between it and the regular takara.

A side by side picture would probably help, the youtube video wont let me see up close enough to tell. lol

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Huh. Watched @Benscollectables review, and it's kind of the opposite of @Bots and Bits. Ben liked the Takara KO the best.

If I could go back in time and do it over again I'd probably just spend the extra and get an official. But the Robot Heroes cost enough and isn't so bad that I'm willing to eat that cost and start over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DrKrieger

DrKrieger Member

I had been holding out to get the RH version, and it came about a week ago. Guess Im one of the lucky ones based on what I've been reading...my copy is overall clean and free of any noticeable flaws. the gun does not tab in as others have mentioned, but I was able to get him to hold both his weapons satisfactorily. At first Lazerbeaks wings refused to slide back all the way (as in the botsnbits vid), but with some pressure they did, and now have no issues sliding into place.

Only issue was the box I received did not appear sealed (outer box from factory was sealed, inner box was not), the inner clamshell was torn and while I got 6 cassettes I received 2 laserbeaks and no rumble. The retailer (show.z) I purchased from was very responsive and has assured me they will get me the missing cassette.

Overall, Im pleased with the figure, and for the $85 dlvd I paid, I have no regrets. Id probably prefer the official, but that wasnt available with 6 cassettes for under a bill shipped.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

Gonna have to watch @Bots and Bits review tonight.
    Just a shame that their OS seekers are high quality and they half-assed their Soundwave.

8. Pinko McFly

Pinko McFly Member

I got mine yesterday and I am happy with it.

I did have the problems with the bird wings, but eventually went for it and they snapped firmly into place.
    The paint seems good to me. I did notice a small scratch on one of the feet. Something I would not have noticed if I had not been looking for it.
    The gun did not tab into place in the hand, but the hand also has no problem just holding the gun.

This is only my 3rd 3P product (Despotron and Quakeblast being the other two). So my assessment of it is based on lack of experience with these products. But for a casual collector who wants a Masterpiece Soundwave, I think this is a great choice.,

• Like Like x 6
  9. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    So, my "Pony" and friends arrived yesterday and I couldn't be much more pleased considering some of the negative commentary here. The cassettes are BETTER than my Hasbro set save for the fact that the colors on Frenzy (Rumble in cartoon) are darker and less purplish. I actually like the semi chrome look on the silver chest details on the Frenzy/Rumble cassettes compared to the official. Joints all nice and tight on them too.

Joints are all good on Soundwave himself as well, although his hips are slightly less tight than my Hasbro version. That said, my Hasbro has a somewhat odd ratchet placement which has always made him a bit irritating to pose in a normal standing position, whereas the RH version is better. Nitpicks would be a slightly loose shoulder missile pod, slightly loose (not floppy) hips and the red forearm stripes being narrower which is noticeable side by side. Otherwise I prefer the RH over my Hasbro (Red eye visor helps too, lol).

Here they are together: IMG_20180104_204050.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    Mine is good as well. Hopefully it's just a case of sometimes the people with issues "post more" than those without and most are fine like ours!

• Like Like x 1
  11. monsterism

monsterism Well-Known Member

What's the consensus of Transformers THF01J MP-13?. He's more affordable but is the Pony version that much better?

12. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

My Pony set is pretty good overall. No major issues I noticed. Not really that much better than my THF Soundblaster, though, which was only 45$ shipped.

13. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Laserbeak and Buzzsaw wing problem, any solutions in mind?

14. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

i guess i'm in the minority...i'm glad to see the crappy paint chips, scratches/scuffing and weird swirly plastic on mine isn't a widespread issue.

still, once bitten twice shy...given their price for just a KO, i was expecting their soundwave to be much improved over the THF, even the original hastak one...at least that was how it came across when it was teased (there was a whole bunch of details on what they were doing to improve the figure).

will definitely wait on reviews for any future RH stuff, no more preorders for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. monsterism

monsterism Well-Known Member

I don't really need the extra tapes, but was it this version?

[​IMG]

16. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If the price is around $40-$50, it's that one, with only Laserbeak.

17. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I was actually comparing to THF SoundBaster (black, with Ratbat). It was 45$ shipped loose on 11/11 at Aliexpress.

18. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

So the results are mixed? Son I am dissapointed. Seems like they were going to hit the lottery with this.....

19. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got one $95 shipped if interested
    IMG826928636.jpg

20. barok

barok Well-Known Member

I received mine a week ago. Was actually expecting a heavier bot but o well. I guess I got used to the FT heft. But with the price I paid at 85.99 shipped, I had to bite coz it's 100 now. The cassette tapes alone are almost worth the price of it already. I agree that the tapes are better than the original version that I had and sold. The bot is Meh, it's ok besides the loose shoulder cannon and gun that he can't grip properly. I needed Soundwave back in my life. Maybe I can stick some of those strong rare earth magnets in the legs or something. not a bad idea

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018