Robot Eyes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jan 5, 2011.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes i know its prob been said before but i watched the 1st TF1 again on Blu-ray

And Frenzy got blue eyes surely he should of had red Eyes. But didnt wheelie have red eyes then turned blue as the warrior goddess burned one out..

IN R.O.T.F...

Do all Drones and Minions have blue Eyes.?

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Well, the only minicon we saw was Frenzy, or that wierd thing Ravage spat out. I guess it's just the way it is, I have no explanation...

3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    most of the constructicons had different eyes, i think long haul had red, rampage had yellow devastator had green, maybe because there different class of decepticons

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I honestly HATE optic color being a reflection of a "good" or "evil" character, I think they should be varied just like in all animals with an iris.

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^that

6. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You said you noticed Frenzy's BLUE eyes on BLU Ray.

COINCIDENCE????

Huh? huh?

Nevermind. :( 

7. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Looking at stills i have noticed that the autobots all have variations of blue with their optics. Sideswipe's were more purple-ish blue, Bumblebee's were a lot lighter in shade than Optimus or Ironhide's.

But yeah i think for the most part they are just going with the established blue = Autobot, red = Decepticon.

As far as Frenzy with the blue optics go i think they said somewhere in one of the making of extra stuff on the first DVD set (TF1) they originally had him with red, but found blue suited him better with his colour scheme.

8. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Also in the first movie I beleave its ironhide or prime that crashes into the pool and steps out in front of the little girl. But anyway when they step out of the pool they have red optics. So I dont go by the red=evil blue=good.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think Frenzy had blue eyes as a stylistic choise. His eyes are is only pigmentation and so it was probably done so he wasn't all red in the head.

Only Wheelie's damaged eye turned blue, and that's because it was damaged and the red "lens" was broken. I think it was actually supposed to be white reflecting off his blue eyebrows/eyelids.

AFAIK all other D-con drones had red or orange/yellow eyes. (but in many scenes Megatron's eyes close up seem to be yellow at the point of emmition, but glow red, so they could all have red eyes for all I know) devs had green eyes, which I guess was to contrast his red head? I think the red/evil blue/good is less a rule and more a guideline. I've never found it too important. I grew up with Beast Wars where more good guys than bad had red eyes.

And Ironhide only had red eyes out of the pool in the trailer. In the actual movie they were blue.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I guess evern though they defect, thier eyes remain the same color...Which probably mean Frenzy started out as an Autobot.

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Ironhide had blue optics when he stepped out of the pool, I believe one of the trailers of the movie had him with red optics.

12. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the eye colors are usually used as guidlines, with a few exceptions. It helps the audience to identify the good guys and the bad guys.

13. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Frenzy's insane. Don't trust him on things like this.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

True about Wheelie's eye that was damaged and if you notice when Prime uses Megs cannon to shoot 1/2 his face off :thumb , Megs usual red optic is now blue..perhaps they're all (or some) blue-white underneath the outer covering. Also, Frenzy's eyes could have been blue due to his alt-mode..the boom box had blue lighted dials, etc.

Good point about Beast Wars too, been re-watching the series and most of them have red eyes, a few golden ones and a green or two.