Robo Rods

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by trebleshot, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    This may or may not be all that news-worthy (or new), but here it is anyway.

During one of my many scouting trips to a local Wally World, I happen to come across a non-TF transforming toy line both cute and silly, so I thought I would share.

Maisto has come out with Robo Rods, which are real-world style cars that *gasp* turn into robots, but robots with “style.” These are all officially licensed car models (according to the packaging), and I think the scale of the cars is 1:48, because they are somewhat larger than your basic Hot Wheels car (which I believe is 1:64). They’re made of die-cast and plastic parts, though there’s more plastic than die cast. The funny thing about these toys is that each car comes with a nickname and an “Urban” accessory, be it some bling (chrome plastic dog tags or a medallion) or other essential street supplies (mp3 player and headphones or a 80’s-inspired boom box). Wal-Mart is selling them for about $3.75 a pop, and EBay also has them (along with pictures). Some of the car models include: ’06 Ford Mustang GT (STANG ONE), ’06 Dodge Charger SRT8 (CHAR DAWG), ’06 Dodge Magnum RT (MAG-NUM), and a ’63 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CAD-ONE).

Here’s a link to Maisto’s site for further reading:

http://www.maisto.com/news.asp?release=9&m=2

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, 'them'.:drunk 

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    They were reported upon some time ago. Search = Good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.