Roberto Orci Talks About Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, May 22, 2010.

1. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    MIB The Series was one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons growing up, good news I guess.

3. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

I saw Extreme Ghostbusters when I was in early highschool or so. Some of the eps are really dark kinda like the original GB. I remember a ghost clown killer episode.Shit that clown was creepy.

So I'm hopeful...

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool. I'm just hoping it's at least as good as Animated.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, there were some good episodes in MIB: The Series. But the rest...i never really liked them. :( 

6. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Never imagined there'd be such hate for the MIB or Godzilla series. They were some of the only cartoons on at that time that weren't wholly patronizing. Frankly I think this is a pretty good sign.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I didn't even know there was a Jumanji cartoon.

Yeah, I'll agree that hardly seems like a list of stellar work, but I'm also not going to go into a nerd raged hissy fit because one of them is a mediocre preschool show. I don't think that really should even be in that list as a Judgment for how TF: Prime will turn out.

I remember MIB being fairly decent enough, so I'm not really that worried anymore then I am hyped.
    I'm still just going to wait and see how it turns out before I pass any kind of major judgment.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think MIB was pretty good... as goodas the movies really, which, IMO, weren't the best to begin with. Certainly not the worst.

I diggest Ghosbusters. However, I think the earlier episodes written by J Michael Straczinski were far superior.

Godzilla? BO-ringggg...

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already miss Marty Isenberg.

10. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Oh yeah RGB had really good writers. But I'm talking about the Extreme Ghostbusters which is the one mentioned, the 1997 spinoff of the original It only has an older Egon as mentor of a new team. Jeff Kline was the supervising producer on that. They had some great dark episodes. I just found the one I talked about earlier-it's called Killjoys.

YouTube - Extreme Ghostbusters - Killjoys Part 3

11. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    I actually enjoyed more the Godzilla series than the MIB one. But then again, Godzilla had giant fighting monsters. XD

12. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    You and me both, brother, but what's past is past, and nothing's gonna bring him back.

Except maybe in a couple of years on a new show wholly unrelated to Animated in any way whatsoever.

13. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I just have a pessimistic outlook on TF:p rime. This is one that I don't mind being mistaken.

14. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Why must a Transformers series always be "dark" and "gritty" in order to be good? Taking a light-hearted approach certainly isn't all that bad. All that matters is the quality of the writing. If you don't believe me, just go watch some episodes of Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Transformers stories don't always have to be about "death" and "the consequences of warfare" in order to be compelling. That kinda stuff tends to work for the comic books, but I don't think that would translate too well in a half-hour animated series on a television network owned by a toy company.

15. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    :lol  Stick to the facts, NIBM.

16. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Larry DiTillo and Bob Forward would have been solid choices. Even Bob Skir. While the direction of Beast Machines was a bad idea, the writing was dark and edgy.

17. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    Ok, i hear your comment but i am curious: will it work in an hour and a half movie? Like the ones we got from DC? I wouldnt mind if Hasbro decides to take a risk and make one of those. I wanna see animated versions of at least one story such as War Within, StormBringer or Hearts of Steel.
    I know this was a bit off topic so i apologize for it.

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    We're getting our 'dark story' in War for Cybertron. Take it and be grateful.

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Interesting. Jeff Kline is a man who really respects source material. He managed to update Ghostbusters and others without damaging the original at all, even incorporating it. I look forward to seeing how prime turns out. Maybe it really will be the best of all worlds. He's on par with Isenberg. Love or hate the art on those shows, the overall writing and stories were very well done and respectful to their sources, nor did they patronize audiences as being stupid.

20. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here out of all the cartoons mentioned earlier done by Jeff Kline, MIB is one of my fav too.

Even tho I was alrdy in my early 20's when it premiered, it was one of the cartoons that I can relate to as a young adult. it's not that bad but a fairly decent show.