Roberto Orci speaks out on Transformers 2!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jul 15, 2008.

1. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I could totally see that happening!

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I like that Orci is way nicer to the fans than fans are to each other. None of the if you weren't happy get lost, no we have Joe Public we don't need you, no the money is all that mattered. Instead he finds a nice way to say hey if you were happy the first time we have more of the stuff that made you happy, but we are still working hard to make even more fans happy. Got to admire an artist that still thinks it's important to see if they can't go one better for the fans.

When it comes to fan interaction Orci is the man.

3. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

He's got my attention. I wasn't that excited for the second one after seeing the first one; I expected the same sort of stuff. The fact that he says they are making it a bit more of a sci fi, and focusing less on humans is awesome news for me. (Considering it's a SCI FI genre this is... you know... good...)

Now all I need to hear is that the Transformers characters themselves will be written with interesting character traits and have interesting character conflicts...... I mean... Have two autobots that argue and don't get along. Whatever, something simple. Have two decepticons that crack jokes behind starscreams back, or megs? Reveal something shocking about a transformers past? ... Maybe one is going through menapause and can't handle a simple yes or no question from her husband? (Clarification.. Im joking about the menupause thing... yes I do have to write this for some people..) I dunno. Just something more rounded and a little less 1 dimensional; something to get us wondering "what exactly is going on between those two... Why do they hate each other? Why is that character acting like that towards that character..." etc etc... thought provoking characters....maybe draw inspiration from characters you've loved in the past that have NOTHING to do with transformers. Gimme something to chew on while michael bays is spending too much time on redundant explosions and making me bored... Give us something new.... was screamer an autobot before? Is screamer actually a good guy just trying to dethrone megs and lead the decepticons into turmoil? (obviously don't do that... but something that would give a similar more acceptable reaction from the fans.... a surprise!) At least I can try and figure it out while Bays doing actions shots that I can't tell what's going on in and therefore loose interest. Just write them as a human character first if ya want and then change it to a transformer! Haha, if you can't wrap your head around what a transformers character would be like that is...................... you get the point... something fun would be a duel side playing bounty hunter... haha a likable character whose torn on who he is. Anyways I expect way too much. Those are just examples of the types of things I'd like to see to make the story interesting, just writing shit off the top of my head nothing to be taken too seriously.. Hey, maybe something is found during an anthopological dig that hints at the Beastwars that happened long ago on earth? Easter egg. Possibilities, and fan wet dreams. Hahaha... :p  But the G1 universe spans from g1-BW/BM, so it would be interesting if something happened to make that true here too. Anyways, that's silly.

Change of tune... This is definitely awesome news though! Oh yeah, and work on your pacing, TF1 lagged a quite a bit. Some scenes weren't funny or weren't good enough to be as long as they were.