Roberto Orci answers SOME questions regarding the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Roberto Orchi has been answering question on Don Murphy's board.For logistic purposes the question asked will be in italics and Orchi's answer will be in bold

Do we have to fear that Starscream ( if he's in it ) has only 2 lines?

Do we have to fear that Bumblebee will never speak with his real voice?

Here's our dilemma. If I say yes to both, then that sucks for you. And if I say no to both, I'm potentially robbing you of the joyful surprise of finding out that the answer is no in the theater :D 

What Prime looks like a a big concern for me. The question still remains..is he a Long Nose or a Flat Nose? Is he red?

I can tell you this: If you saw Optimus Prime in a police line-up among other Transformers of every sort, YOU WOULD KNOW WHICH ONE WAS OPTIMUS.

Is there any comment about voice actors or will there be an annoucement on voice actors soon

not yet. Since we're still tweaking the lines, we don't want to cast with incomplete scenes

how many will you need? I mean, does every TF have a speaking rle or is it just the big guns?

a bunch. Most have lines

a bunch of the TFs... But how about the Decepticons specifically?

them, too

To view the thread Click here

There's probably more answers,just that I haven't read through all 30 pages yet

But these answers should quell SOME fears based on the old scripts :) 

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good to me. :) 

3. Shaun_C

More from Roberto

Yes. The way soundwave is treated will make or break this film for me. I really want him in.

Any hints?

I guess all I can say is that IF you see Soundwave, he will be the closer to the one you know and love than any of the rumors would lead you to believe

with Bumblebee now a very awesome looking sports car was he changed a tad in personality? or is he still sort of the underdog character that looks up to the others?

He's a mix, I think.

What can you tell us about Megatron? Anything about his personality?

As far as megatron goes, athough his actions are "evil" I like to think of him as amoral, the way a greek god might be. In a way, he's a naturalsit in the way that somone uses "survival of the fittest" to justify his actions.

He's also a realist, I think, seeing humanity in a less idealistic light then Prime, and probably being right about it.

and his ego probably comes from the fact that, until evidence appears to the contrary, he and his race are the most advanced sentient beings in the universe

*This makes it sound like Megatron's character is similar to Marvel's Apocalypse character*

What level of *imput* did HASBRO have with the look and feel of the Transformers script ?, were the Formers thought from a Marketing / toy perspective in the way they should be presented in the script ? or did the production get to do what they wanted and HASBRO came along after and made adgustments to the script ?

And did Mr Bay have any imput to the Script or was the script *signed off* b4 he got involved ?

Hasbro has actually been great. They deliberately wanted to not let "their business" get in the way of making a good movie, while at the same giving us great feedback along the way.

Of course Bay had a lot of input, but we didn't want to clutter his mind until we had a draft that we thought was close to being the right paradigm, so he jumped in after our second draft.

will the 70 percent human screen time/30 percent Transformer screen time be changed?

not sure I agree with that assessment of the percentages.

I think becasue action and FX in a script don't take up as much space as they do in the film, where as dialogue on the page can seem like it's endless and can actually go by quick

So has the noise fans have made on this forum lately, like within the last 2 months, had an impact on the script?

nahh. Haven't even read most of the posts :D 

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    good news on that ratio. I hope to not agree with it as well. Hell, 50/50 is too many fleshbags.

5. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just give us prime as a semi (don't both addressing the trailer if you have to, just treat it like it was in teh cartoon) and I will be very happy. Everything else I've seen/heard so far looks very good to me.

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Everything's fine, nothing to see here folks, move along, move along...

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Somewhat encouraging.

8. Shaun_C

:lol  :lol  :lol 

Funny thing is that there was NEVER any real reason to worry.Any reason the fandom felt to worry was more on them then on Murphy or Bay.

I've always stayed true to my instinct that this movie would be fine.And Orchi's comments add credence to that :) 

Maybe it's just as well that the VA announcement won't be made at this moment.It'll give the fandom a chance to cool down a little and smell the roses :D 

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I really like the sound of this. :thumb 

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's how I've always seen the Decepticons. He's on the right wavelength.

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    thanks for the heads up

12. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    It might be just because I got back from X3 (great btw!) but Megatron and Prime seem to parallel Magneto and Xavier

13. Shaun_C

Sounds like his personality is being based off of his personality in the DW G1 series.Because that's how THAT Megatron always came across as

14. Shaun_C

Nice one.

Although considering we only know Megatron's character.Making the Xavier-Magneto comparision is IMPO premature as we don't even know what Prime's character would be like.

But who knows you might've nailed it right there ;) 

15. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Thats awesome, because I loved how DW did G1 (at least Vol.2 and Vol.3).

Anyway, Im feeling better about the movie now.:) 

16. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Am I the only GEEWUNner who doesn't care about whether or not Prime is a long nosed truck?

I honestly don't see what the big deal is...

SB

17. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

If you're not foaming at the mouth, chances are you're not a Geewunner in the sense others are using the term.

18. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I started to read through the questions and then stopped myself and asked "do I really want to read all this advance stuff only to go to the actual movie and be diappointed by what I think it should have been?" The answer is "no". I've always been a huge movie critic and I think it might be because I always read all the pre-stuff before I actually see the film and then I find it harder to enjoy it because I know most of what's coming and have certain expectations. On the other hand, I went to X3 not knowing really anything, having forced myself not to read much about it beforehand and I still didn't like it (I'm still crying inside), so maybe it doesn't matter after all. Anyway, carry on!

19. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I'll dress up as Wheelie if they let me into the premiere.

20. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

The problem I have with this comparison is that as far as I can recall nothing has even been mentioned about Megatron and OP being friends before they were enemies. I thought Prime was simply a record-keeper and seemed to keep to himself mostly and Megs. was out there upgrading himself and amassing an army. Then again, I suppose they were alive for far more time than we've ever seen, so maybe in their past, they knew one another. To me, Xavier and Magnus have always been polar opposites, but that stems from them being on the same side of the proverbial coin at one point. Speaking of which, does anyone recall when Magnus decided to go his separate way? For some reason, I can't recall what event(s) led him away from Xavier's dream...man, I'm really rambling tonight, my apologies.