Rob Zombie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seeker311, Aug 30, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So I like his music but what do you guys think about him as director/producer? House of a 1000 corpses had some interesting camera work, but overall the movie was unoriginal. I havent seen The devil's rejects yet but I do know that his Halloween remake is coming out soon. Also he has signed up for more movies to direct, any thought?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Devil's Rejects is one of my all time favorite movies. House of a 1000 Corpses, while quite original, I didn't care for at all.

No interest in Halloween as I've seen an early cut of the movie already. Texas Chainsaw the 13th. Boo-fucking-urns

3. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I gotta say, I've seen both House of a 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects and I thought both sucked hardcore. I like his use of actors but I'm already sick of seeing his wife in everything he does, shes not that talented, just kind of pretty to look at, his movies seem more obsessed with being gory and strange then actually being good, Halloween seems a pointless remake, I mean I'll still watch it but what he should have done was make a follow up to Halloween: Resurrection instead of just remaking the best movie in the series, I dont know what possibly can be done in this one that would make it better.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I seem to have an opposite opinion, I like 1000 Corpses better than Devil's Rejects, but I know I am in the minority there. Devil's Rejects certainly had better characterization, but I liked the over-the-top gory goffiness of the first one and I was surprised that he went for a more realistic spin on the second one; so far that Otis was no longer an albino.

I loved all of his CDs, but Educated Horses is 100% lame.

If he carried on the Halloween movies as sequels, he would be burdened with all the continuity that the average film viewer could not care about.
    But the burden of doing a remake is in capturing the pervasive creepy mood of the original movie. It will be interesting to see if he is up to the task.

5. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

The new Halloween sucks.

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, that reminds me, Carpenter's Halloween is at Walmart, I need to pick that up. I'll give Zombie's version a chance, but don't expect too much.

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I respect Rob and really like House of 1000 Corpses (even thought it was just a rip-off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre) so I'll give the Halloween a chance. I don't think these "classic" horror movies need to be remade. Let's just count the ones that sucked:

Psycho - awful
    The Amityville Horror - putrid
    The Hills Have Eyes - eh, actually alright but gore for gores sake
    The Omen - I turned it off
    The Fog - I can't believe John Carpenter actually decided to be a part of that
    The Thing - OK, awesome remake but there wasn't much to the original to begin with
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Jessica Biel in a tight shirt was all it had (not a bad thing, mind you)
    House Of Wax - Paris Hilton, nuff said
    Frankenstein - well at least it was based off the book

All that's left are remakes of Phantasm, Carrie, Nosferatu, and Susperia and all my favs will be ruined.

8. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I thoroughly enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses even if it was way to derivitive of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I haven't gotten around to reviewing Devil's Rejects yet, but I enjoyed that one, as well.

I'll agree that I can't stand Sherri Moon Zombie. She's totally obnoxious and I'm sure he only puts her in his flicks because she gives him something in return in the sack that's totally freaky and awesome. But that doesn't benefit *me* in any way.

I'll go see Halloween tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not. I'll try to keep it as seperate from the original as possible, but with a movie I enjoy as much as the original Halloween, that might not be easy.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Rob Zombie signed with Dimension films to do 2 more movies but they have not said which ones. He is also coming out with an animated movie for DVD which is supposed to be pretty gory.

10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with this man, except I won't be seeing it.

11. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

He could do a Urotsukidoji remake justice.

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Don't care for his music, but I've dug his flicks.

13. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I've been waiting for his animated movie. Is it his El Superbeasto move you're talking about? I don't know if it'll really be all that gory, but it should be pretty funny. El Superbeasto is a comedy first and foremost. [That was the main reason I continued to buy Rob's comic books after the first few issues.]

14. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I prefer his musical talents over his movie works. I dont mind ogling his wife, but I dont really want to see her attempts at acting either.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Sherri Moon Zombie's main talent is filling out tight shredded jeans.

Oh my, yes she does.

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy his music, found House of 1000 Corpses to be goofyfun, and really enjoyed Devil's Rejects.

As a director I really like him because, going by the DVD supplementaries, he's really hard on his own work. Many directors nowadays aren't likely to go on record while criticizing themselves, and I got a lot of respect for him doing so.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agree. I'm not a fanboy and I can pick out things I don't like here and there but I've enjoyed his work overall so far.

I was supposed to see the Halloween remake last night with my cousin but he never called me. Not sure I'll see it alone, I'm not that intrigued

18. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't listen to his music and I haven't seen any of his films, although I plan on seeing the new Halloween tomorrow. I'm not really expecting much. It certainly won't out do the original, which IMO is one of the best horror films ever made. From what I hear, the new version is one half prequel and one half shot-for-shot remake of the first.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sort of off-topic, but I saw him in concert twice.
    Once with White Zombie and once as Rob Zombie.

They were both great shows.

20. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster