3D Artwork: Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Cashanova, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

As requested here's Roadbuster.
    Sized for use with crossovers Captain America or Cybertron Deffence Red Alert.

As neither original figure has much posability in the head area, I thought it best I design in a ball joint which can be glued into place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Holy crap, Batman. Is this in your shapeways shop, too? Will the finished piece have an opaque green visor like your mock up? It looks great, like all your stuff.

Did/are you going to add your Conehead design from your Cybertron Starscream custom?

3. Cashanova

Just to be straight this isnt for the universe 2 pack Roadbuster.

It'll be up on the store later.

Funny story. I've been working on a full set of cybertron seekers since galaxy force Starscream first came out.

I hand sculpted a cone head, which I gave to a guy I met at Auto Assembley last year. I finally got em a couple of months ago, but since then I'm thinking it might be better to remodel the starscream head and do a conehead version as well. Ball joints and all.

4. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I like it!

5. manyoufactsure

I remember that you started one, and then totally re-did it. I looked great but did the cone transform and hide ? I can't recall the finished product.
    Maybe you could design a helmet cone that could fold back and/or forward (if head was facing backwards) or the back of the cone could hide the face, if your ball-joint neck would let the head flip back. Just a thought.

Could you make a smaller one for the universe figure?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  6. Cashanova

How about a whole assembley which hides the head, cone style or not. Maybe other wings styles too for Ramjet and Thrust??

Yeah I can do a Roadbuster for the universe mold.

7. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

i only have 3 questions concerning this set; as always, it looks great.

1. Do you have to glue it on Crossovers Capt, America or can you use the figure's own screw to connect it? If not, Would you consider making a ball joint connector in the foreseeable future?

2. Are a new pair of hands going to be made? Any weapons or accessories in a future set perhaps?

3. Would you ever consider modding and/or making a new joint for the shoulders to increase the figure's articulation/ ability to pose?

Thanks for taking the time and for your great work.

gbot

8. Cashanova

Thanks!

1. It is on a ball joint. You'd have to remove the Cap head then dremel smooth any raised plasic on head mount. then glue down the ball joint.

2. Hands are easy enough. So is a rifle. Are there any other parts that are needed?

3. Sorry, not at the moment.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Have you been able to get a mock up of how well this head works on Cybertron Defense Red Alert? I personally wanted to turn him into Hardhead myself...but I can totally live with making him into Roadbuster.

10. Cashanova

Same method as Cap. Remove head. Dremel any raised plastic. Glue on ball joint.

There are a few other parts I'm planning for the CD Red Alert version. Extra parts to turn the hammer into the signature rifle. Shoulder cannon. And a set of knee pads... I've been working on a leg mod to add a lot more posability.

11. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

i'll hopefully be getting this and the banzai-tron head after the 15th of this month.

12. manyoufactsure

I took my captain America apart and I don't see why you couldn't drill a hole into Cashanova's neck piece and re-use the head screw AND glue. The screw would reinforce the connection as long as the screw isn't too thick compared to the neck size.

13. Cashanova

Sorry dude, I'm not getting what you mean. The new head I designed is in 3 parts. Front of head, back of head, and the ball joint neck. The neck ball joint has a flat base wich is where you glue to the cap figure. You then use a screw to fix the 2 sides of the head together over the ball joint.

Cool!

14. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Sounds interesting is this for the Voyager... I'm assuming so since you said Galaxy Force. I really like the Voyager GF Starscream I use it as my meduim scale group of Classics Starscream, but he could use some improvements. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with. A couple of things that could really help posability and looks of the figure would be longer forearms with null ray attachments, and a way to extend the shoulders out to increase the range of motion.

Oh and it looks like I have a reason to pickup another CD Red Alert mold now as well :thumb 
    Exclusive Transformers Universe Generation 1 Ultra Action Figure - Autobot Countdown - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us

15. manyoufactsure

It was meant to answer gbot's question about using a screw. He wanted to attach the head with a screw. It would still need glue but it would help strengthen it, IF the piece is thick enough for a screw. (gbot also didn't seem to know that it had a balljoint neck. I just wanted to say that it MIGHT be possible).

No need for you (cashanova) to change anything
    Your doing an awesome job designing these parts. Keep up the great work. Sorry for the confusion

16. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Thank you so much for making this Cashanova, now I finally have something to do with the Xovers Cap mold.

Fists, and both his rifle and big gun would great to have too.

17. Cashanova

No probs.

Fists wont be a problem, gimme till the end of the week.
    Rifle not a problem.
    Big gun... the only issue is that for the size, it'll cost a fortune.

18. enter-the-robot

enter-the-robot Well-Known Member

Would this work for the classics ultra onslaught as well?

19. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I can figure out something for the big gun, if you can give me a new head, fists, and small rifle....well then we are golden bro.

20. Cashanova

Not sure off hand, I'll have to check. Give me 24hrs.

Fists and rifle it is. I'll have em done by the weekend.