Minor/Repaint: Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by gargunkle, Mar 19, 2010.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I liked the RotF Brawn mold as soon as I saw it, but to me it just didn't feel like... Brawn. Too many guns I guess. I thought I might wait to see if they recolor it, so I could get what looked like a cool mold. Then I saw someone reference how he resembled Roadbuster. Some simple repainting and here we are! No alt mode pictures since that's completely unchanged from the stock appearance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I like where this is going! The head needs to be changed, imo, because it still looks too much like Brawn to be Roadbuster.

Presumably the shoulder gatling gun still works?

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i dig it but agree that the head needs a little something something. Great Job Though

4. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The mold screamed Roadbuster since the minute I transformed it, but sadly the head just doesn't fit for the character. Would Kidbash's Roadbuster head work? In all you did a good job - it's tough painting someone whose colors are Halloween based. So much pumpkin... have you thought about a blackwash or a dry-brushing to dirty him up a bit? Roadbuster was never really the 'clean' type. Be it his paintjob, or more specifically, his fighting methods.

~Z

5. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I myself was thinking instead of brawn, his head looks closer to Ironfist's IMO.

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would have liked to do more detail for the section that's now orange, but there is just no texture on that plastic. I'd have to add it somehow I think - not sure how feasible that is for me.

Not sure about the head really. I think it's already decent but perhaps it could use some Roadbustering up.

7. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Great repaint but I think you unintentionally made him even MORE Brawn-like. haha!