Road Warrior Transformers anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cy-Kill, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

So I was watching the Road Warrior on television tonight, and while watching the busted, dirty, and armoured vehicles in the movie, it made me think of something; a Transformers series focusing on apocalyptic-style vehicles in an urban wasteland would be pretty boss.

To me anyway...

Just think of it! Hasbro has done modern settings with realistic vehicles quite a few times (early G1, Classics, the upcoming film), and MANY times has created a futuristic, clean society with far-out vehicles promoting evolving societal designs (latter G1, Armada, Energon, Cybertron). But what about a Transformers series that doesn't look rosy, one that doesn't look inviting. I'd like a series with Autobots and Decepticons trapped on a post-apocalyptic world where they fight not to just survive their ongoing war, but to try and survive with the bare necessities, like scavenging fuel and parts.

I'd like vehicle-modes with rust, dirt, and mismatched parts (tank treads on a car, missle racks on the back, huge grills on the front, that sort of thing). The scene in the movie where Mel Gibson's character races a transport truck back to the camp inspired me to think of Prime, as the truck was huge and hulking, but covered in rust, dirt, and bent grinding metal. I think a Prime, not in the traditional clean blue and red, but in darker, dirtier colours, would look pretty snazzy, with blacks and browns, dirt and rust, a truck mode that creaks and groans as it moves, and huge front grills to better ram things.

I don't know, something like this appeals to me. While obviously not a new concept (in fact it's a little overplayed), I think it'd be something fresh for Transformers. It'd allow Hasbro to get back to the grittier aspects of earlier shows (like Beast Wars and Beast Machines) anyway. Maybe I'm just crazy and its a dumb idea, but I thought I'd contribute.

Enjoy!

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

This is exactly why I wish the Apocalypse Planet had remained in Cybertron, plus it would have been a drastic and interesting counterpoint to the Giant Planet's peaceful constructive nature.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yes I like! Is good.

4. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

So, you want Battletech but the mechs transform?

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    What would Animal transform into? ;) 

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the idea, but it sounds a bit like Junkions. ;) 

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, Junkions is the first thing that came to mind when I read KA's description. They could probably pull it off, provided they shy away from the "TV Talk" and "Dare to be Stupid" soundtrack!!

And, I'm not too familiar with the Cybertron story, so I was surprised to hear that there was/might have been an Apocalypse Planet. Was that anything like what KA described? Maybe there's hope yet!

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that if they could pull it off if they wanted to, but I seriously doubt that we'd ever get something like that unless it was done without Takara's involvement with the show. They're the ones who pulled the Apocalypse planet out of Cybertron after all.

Well, we were supposed to get an "Apocalypse Planet" in Cybertron, but Takara pulled it stating that the idea was too graphic and mature for their children. Which makes one want to slap them in the face with a raw fish when one looks at other anime aimed at the same age group...

Rumor has it that the designs that eventually were used for the Cybertron Defense Team, Soundwave and Wing Saber/Sonic Bomber were originally supposed to be for this planet... don't know if that's true or not, but I remember reading it somewhere. So, we did kind of get something along those lines, but it doesn't quite fit in with what KA was talking about.

9. Cy-Kill

Yeah, I don't see this ever happening, but I thought it was a nifty idea.

My version would have FAR fewer people in sex gear and hockey masks, though. :thumb 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I approve of this idea!:thumb 

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Brilliant idea. I love the Mad Max series, and some TFs based on those movies' vehicle aesthetics would rock.

Plus I'd kill for a TF version of the Interceptor.

Mine would have more. :ev: 

12. Cy-Kill

An Interceptor Transformer would be quite sweet.

I think you'd have problems getting the sex gear and hockey masks past Cartoon Network, though. :wink: 

Sounds more welcome back at Fox Kids (or whatever the hell they call it these days). :D 

13. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

Maybe a modded Alt Grimmy or Wheeljack could be used for an Interceptor?

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
  15. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I wouldnt mind it for something like the "Evolutions" line at IDW, but I dont see Hasbro letting them develop a cartoon for it. I think CN would be more open to it then WB or Fox though.

16. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

Post-apocalyptic future rather than squeaky clean and bright white future? My name is Mad Dawg, and I approve of this idea.

Plus... Transformers = 80's. Sci-fi depicting post-apocalyptic future rather than sterile white future = 80's as well. It's a good match.

The year is 1999...
    The gangs control areas that have become known as free-fire zones...
    The police will not enter...
    There is no law.

17. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I dont see this ever happening. Maybe after the War on earth and their is nothing left..but..NAH!