Road to Civil War

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Chrono Grimlock, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    With Amazing Spider-Man 529 and 530 out now; I must say I'm very surprised that Tony is the one against the Super Human Registration Act.
    On the surface it's obvious because Tony is "secretly" Ironman. His ID has been blown before but it's secret again. While Cap being Steve Rogers is publicly known.

I pictured Cap understanding the need for secret civilian lives; knowing Peter wouldn't want to put his family in danger. Maybe something will change in the next issue of Amazing and Tony will change his mind in favor of the Act. Who knows?

Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas on this?

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

still too early to call for all we know tony could see things this way then an event or something may alter his and caps view on things.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Well, remember, the only reason we originally thought that Cap was against it was because the picture had him with the Young Avengers, but we just assumed that they would want to keep thier identities secret because they are teenagers. Maybe they wouldn't really mind being revealed. Of course, anotehr teaser pic shws Cap with Wolverine, and I can't see him supporting registration.

4. Edge

Wolvie did work for shield for awhile though maybe they reign him in?

5. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I know it's still early, something could easily happen next issue, or during the next issue of Fantastic Ffour or New Avengers. I was just so sure Tony would be the government lap dog. I'm actually excited to see how this plays out.

And I can't picture Wolvie working for shield now that he has his memories back.

6. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Has anyone who ever tried to reign Wolverine in survived with all theri internal organs in the original positions?

7. Edge

very good question, they could be holding something or someone he holds dear

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    As Chrono Grimlock already mentioned, I'm enjoying the prelude so far. Looking forward to exactly hoe Peter will be tormented.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't think why people feel it's so mysterious. Tony Stark is the type of guy to that will work to change the system but from within the system. Steve Rogers believes deeply in what this country stands for. When it comes down to I really think that Steve would turn his back on the government if he felt what they were doing is wrong. In fact he has done it before

Peter Parker doesn't trust the system. He has fought tooth and nail to protect his family. Iron man is putting pete in a hard situation. Tony really cares about him and wants him to succeed. A big portion of Civil War will be dedicated to Pete's struggle to choose between what he thinks is right and a friend.

Captain America will lead the Young Avengers and many of the vigilante type heroes, like Cable, daredevil, Namor, X-Factor, Wolverine and alot the x-men.
    Iron Man will lead the Fantastic four, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Storm, and some of the other X-treme X-men.

Of course I may be totally Wrong

10. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Possibly, but how would they stop Cap from finding out that Wolverine was on his team under duress?

11. Edge

and thus a plot twist is born

12. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I could see Cap leading the YA, the New Warriors, X-Men, Namor, etc...but Daredevil? Really? After the events of "OUT," where Murdock's life was made into hell because his secret identity was outed, I figure he'd be 200% on Tony's side to keep registration from happening.

Also, given what happened to Murdock in the pages of Daredevil, registration means an end to vigilantism - the government took Murdock in because he was breaking the law by taking it into his own hands. Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc, would basically (I presume) begin to become government operatives, on their payroll, or face incarceration/death.

Really glad to see Tony against the registration...it wasn't making much sense before.

13. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    er... what? Is Tony against the act or with the government?

I can't picture Peter to be on the registration side; no one matter who leads what. Peter has spent his superhero career proctecting those he loves. If Peter reveals himself to be Spider-Man publicly, I'm dropping so many titles. Cause I'm a sissy little girl like that.

14. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Tony and Peter are AGAINST the registration.

However, if the registration were to succeed, I predict it would mean an end to vigilantism (as performed by Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, etc). It'd become an extension of SHIELD, where all the meta-folk would be on the government's payroll and jurisdiction. If the act were to succeed, it means that superheroes would become super-powered police officers, with all the same restrictions.

Remember, though, this is Tony Stark we're discussing. A member of the superhero Illuminati. If there is more to him, and his plans, than meets the eye, I won't be at all surprised.

15. Edge

Also based on what we have seen of the two covers to the civil war series proper we'll probably be seeing both sides through the eyes of spidey as makes his choice he may fight on one side defect to another see the flaws there and maybe return to the other side or in fact for a third side that he feels is correct.

Like Infinte crisis its far to early to tell what is going to happen. Alot of people had theories about cyborg superman being the mastermind behind the crisis and it turned out to be alex luthor. So I wont be surprised if were all dead wrong after the first issue, or it could be were all right who's to say.

16. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I just hope that speculating about CW makes it all the better when we get IC-style twists that no one could have predicted.

I feel sort of bad for the character of Spider-Man, though. I mean, first HoM, then "The Other," now he's going to be in the middle of a tug-of-war between the two sides of the Civil War...? If this were the 90's, Peter would have cacooned himself in webbing in the corner of his room by now.

17. Edge

Or just give up the spidey mantel to ben

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I think Iron Man/Tony will at will probably change his view that he's for the Act (at least on the surface). Otherwise, there's no real conflict for Spidey, and we've been told since day one there will be.

There's no way Spidey will be for the Act, but as seen in ASM, he swore to stick by Tony's side, no matter what. So what will he do, fight for waht he believes in, or keep his word?

19. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Bring back the Scarlet Spider.

20. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Yeah, I think this series may be pretty good. Will give it a look.