Minor/Repaint: Road Rage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Blurrz, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Blurrz

Blurrz J├Ągermeister Sensei

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Certainly a custom concept that has seen it's fair share of usage, but something I wanted to give my take on. With a BC '12 boxset really out of the question for me, I did want to have a representation of a modern Road Rage in my collection (and make you all look forward to your upcoming boxsets) .

With that, I entered my first foyer into using green stuff on my figures, giving Road Rage a facemask, rather than likely botching an attempt to put lipstick on that face.

[​IMG]

Colorwise, I felt like giving her darker colors, contrasting to her upcoming BotCon figure (or atleast the mockup), but staying somewhat true to her G1 release. She features metallic paints and a somewhat failed attempt at adding gloss finish (first time for this too) on her. My painting wasn't exactly top notch in this case as I can see a few errors from the pictures, and I didn't exactly thin out my reds when I was applying them.

Paints, gloss and green stuff courtesy of Black Citadel/Games Workshop, and the lovely stickers are from Reprolabel's Track set. With her being shiny and all, I guess she'll be on my Henkei/United shelf. There's another hood sticker, so maybe a Cl/Uni/Gen RR will be in the works with some brighter colors.. Now back to touching up the figure's blemishes, thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• RR1.jpg
      RR1.jpg
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
  2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I love the concept but the paint seems a bit rough, and the mask as well.

3. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks good. I like the hood decal.