Road Rage.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisr291, Nov 4, 2011.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have all seen it on the road, but have YOU ever been on the receiving end?

I have never been on the direct end until today....

For those of you familiar with Austin, Texas; Town Lake is the jogging spot. The trail is beautiful, lots to look at, and all kinds of cool animals running around.

So... I parked my car across the street from Austin High, I get out and walk to the passenger side door to get Sonny out (My dog).

NOW... this area is in a school zone, the blinking lights are on and there are a ton of speed bumps to slow you down. Of course, I always look both ways before crossing the street (DUH) and this dumb ass Toyota 4-Runner just comes HAULING ASS down the road. The SUV literally jumped the speed bump and had to slam on his brakes as I finished my walk to the other side.

So, the guy rolls down his window and yells, "HEY, WATCH THE ROAD ASSHOLE"

and I said

"F*&K YOU, I'M A PEDESTRIAN, walking in a school zone. YOU were obviously speeding"

Of course, he didn't like that one bit, so he yelled at me again.

"A*&HOLE, I'M IN THE RIGHT OF WAY, I'M IN A CAR!!"

So.... Now i'm really pissed and I yell back at him (Keep in mind, I just got off of work.)

"MOTHER F&CKER, I WORK FOR THE DAMN SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!"

and he hauled ass outta there lol. Pulled my badge out and everything:lol 

BTW, I'm not a cop, just a program coordinator for inmates. It's a good thing the guy didn't have 20/20 vision:lol 

2. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    I commute on my bike a lot, I get it all the time.

It's frustrating because I obey all of the laws and I move over when it is safe for me to allow cars to pass.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    There was this one time I was doing 45mph in the middle lane when some dude comes barreling in behind me at what seemed to be like 80 and tailgates me for almost thirty seconds, honking his horn and flashing his lights. The right lane is perfectly clear, mind you. Me, I don't budge an inch. "Go on; kiss my ass. You're the one with the fancy-schmancy Merc and the expensive spare parts; I'm in a shitty old Toyota." When he finally gives way and overtakes me on the right lane, I notice he's sixty years old if he's a day. I poke my tongue out at him and he flips me off. Not five minutes later, he's pulling the same shit with another driver about 100 meters in front of me. I wish I took down his license plate.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ride a bike.... I get tailgated by DC buttholes daily

5. joebot.

Instagram:
    *brofist*

6. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Dude in an avalanche almost hit me while I was on the inter state. I had to hit the brakes to avoid banging my hood into his bumper. Hes later next to me, he flips me off as if I was in the wrong. I just flipped him off right back not even looking at him. Gotta be safe and watch the road ;) 

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

It pisses me off when people don't remember that a yield sign means you should stop if there's oncoming traffic. I've lost count of how many times I'm trying to get into the onramp on my way to work and some asshole just flies out and cuts in front of me.

Tonight was even better. This time, I was the one at the yield sign. There were cars in both lanes on the highway I was trying to get onto, so I had to stop. Douchbag behind me decides to try and go around me, so that when I was able to go, I almost hit him. Kinda wish I had hit him just so a cop could tell him how stupid he was.

8. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Man, you should coordinate a program where inmates get to kick that guys ass!
    Road ragers are the true scum of the earth. Cab drivers can go to hell too!
    Signed,
    a bicyclist.

9. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all of us bicyclist should band together

What do you ride :/

I have a Scott Sub45

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Lmao! Funny story....but i gotta say, you got some balls, there is no telling if the guy was packing...

" Im the right of way Im in a car " .....is funny....

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    My mom has road rage so bad to the point where it can be freaky. Last time she flipped someone off, the guy got out of his car and punched the window where I was sitting. I've never seen her floor-it like that in my life, but, she brought it upon herself.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have gotten road rage a couple of times in my life. One time I was the driver, the other I was not. Both times, I would have literally killed the person.

1st time, my wife is driving. She was doing like 5 miles over the speed limit and the guy behind her kept on her tail, then excellerated to go around her and cut her off. She honked the horn and the guy literally Stomped on the breaks. We almost rear ended him. Then she goes to go around, guy excellerates and goes in front of her again, and slams on the breaks. I pulled out the club (remember the club?) and literally, I was hanging on the outside of the car, going, "Come on Motherfucker, pull the fuck over, let's deal with this shit now!" The pussy sped away.

The second time was on the highway when I was driving and I had my son in the back seat. A guy is tailing me, and I cannot get over cause the guy in the lane next to me is doing the same speed. The guy is literally an inch off my bumper, we were doing like 75 at the time. So I go to slow down to get behind the guy in my right lane. The guy starts honking on the highway. Then I let him go. He rolls down his window and starts screaming at me for only doing 75 in a 55. Then he swerves toward my car in a show of machoism. I literally yeld pull over bitch, I will fuck you up! He sped away though.

When people mess with my family I really lose it. My wife tells me, just relax, last thing we need is someone suing us because I beat them with the club.

13. joebot.

Instagram:
    I totally agree.

I have a Mercier Kilo WT with a bunch of upgrades, but I'm looking to get a new frame since mine is a little too cramped right now.

14. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I have a 75 Schwinn Continental cheap custom single speed & a 2010 Specialized Sirrus that I'll be using for longer rides (just got it!)

^^^ it's always people with kids in the car who want to yell come on motherf&$ker. When I was a kid my father got into an argument with another motorist every 4 blocks. When someone tries to road rage BiZZiD I bear in mind that person has to act like they're king of the road because they sure as hell ain't shit otherwise.. and I let them speed off to their ugly wife and television set rather than get angry.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't normally have entire conversations with people in cars while I'm walking on the street.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There you go. If somebody is going out and display some road rages, they better keep a firearm inside their vehicles. Who knows, the other driver they pissed off might have one themselves.

17. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, the club is a real good asshole deterrent. I remember being in downtown with a buddy of mine. We were in my car and we were trying to go home. This asshole in a Jeep was in front of us. We were stopped at a light when all of a sudden I see his reverse lights. I quickly look behind me and there was a line of cars and no way for me to move. The guy stops inches from my front bumper honking as if that would do anything. He sticks his hand out the window and waives as if he's saying "WTF." Naturally, I'm assuming that he may have seen the long line of cars behind us? Nope. I was wrong. Next thing I know his drunken buddy steps out of the passenger seat and things get interesting.

His buddy points to a parking spot that is about 2 cars BEHIND ME and to the right (on a one way street). Ok, I get it. He wants to park there. So I yell through the moon roof, "Well why don't you go around the block? It ain't like anyone here is trying to take that spot! Everyone is trying to leave!" Well, the guy's drunken buddy didn't like that and he walks up to the driverside window and punches it and mumbles something derogatory. He punches again and kinda does that shoulder lunge as if he was saying "What? Punk? Stay in your car!" Normally....I would have. But for some reason, after having a drink or two (not drunk, just slightly buzzed) I felt that unnecessary, and that really pissed me off that he was wanting to fight over something so remedial. So, I took out the club and separated it. I held the fat part with the locking mechanism in my hand. I got out of the car as the idiot was about to get back inside the Jeep and I yelled at him, "You wanna try that again bitch? I dare you to see what'll happen your dumb ass if you EVER try to do that again." Yup, the idiot started walking back my way, and I was ready to introduce him to the club.....at least the heavy part of it.

That was when the cops pulled up. Long story short, I used the self defense spiel and got a talking to about how my First Sergeant would not have liked getting a call at 1am to come get me from jail (yeah I was let go with a warning). The other two idiots.....one was nailed with a DUI, and the other.....I forget. But I went home laughing about it. Idiots......

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I'd hate to see what road rage is like in China, their traffic is insane.

19. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it is. Didn't they have like...a traffic jam that lasted for days?

20. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I drive a School Bus....What do you think??