Road bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimatron, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Has anyone ever purchased any of the Transformer wannabes? The Lamborghini model is what I'm interested in knowing about specifically. I really like my Alternators Streaker and Sideswipe..but I've been thinking about kitbashing the Roadbot Lambos into the twins. How are these figures on Articulation, poseability, etc, etc?

And whats up with Roadbots getting to use Lamborghini's vehicles..yet Hasbro says they can't use VW's vehicles any longer...to that extent...has this rule been lifted? The Audi R8 being in the new movie makes me wonder considering it is a vehicle manufactured by VW/Audi AG.

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Im sure it is complex. Meaning Hasbro doesnt want to pay for the license? Or maybe due to the nature of Transformers, being that they are internationally known, VW doesnt want their product associated with fighting robots. But in the case of Roadbots, a relatively small production and smaller distribution, may not adversely affect VW. just a thought.

In regards to the Roadbots they arent that bad. Not quite as detailed or complex as Alt/BTs but they make up for it in size. The std roadbot is 1:18 scale. Especially the green lamborghini and red Lancer Evo. I have both and for the price they are nice and big. But they are partial parts transforming.

The best is the Ford GT in 1:12 scale.
    China Bootlegs a Bootleg | Toy Retard

That is my mini-review of a Kaybee KO of the 1:12 Ford GT Roadbot. check out how big it is!!!!

3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I'm curious about the new 1/24th and motorcycle Roadbots personally, now that bbts has them in stock. Any reviews?

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i had the Toyota Celica.tried to repaint it.the paint FUBAR'ed it.
    i then proceeded to blow it up using 12 M-80s strapped to it..in robot mode.
    (i was drunk and possibly high )​

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    yes. some parts of roadbots transform. while there are some parts that need to be removed and relocated to complete transformation.

7. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
  8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    they are cool in a way, Kinda like a Gobots option to Transformers lol...

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That's much nicer than the red GT Roadbot one that's a total partsformer. I picked the red one up ages ago and then later bought the big yellow Hummer on the cheap which had another red GT packed in the box free. At some point I'm gonna repaint one of the GTs to something.
    I've also got the white Pajero. Much less of a partsformer, and I'm considering painting him up as G1 Skids. :) 

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

One of these days I may yet try to reproduce the bash of the Land Cruiser into Grimlock.