Road Bots Wheeljack and Prowl are NOT Happy Well Products

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Might Gaine, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I think this deserves its own news article, since it's a significant correction to a previous news article. That's why I posted it as a seperate topic. I asked Happy Well if these were real or fakes. This was their response:

The forum they told me to post the message to was here.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Good work that guy!

3. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Sometimes you gotta go to the source :) 

4. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well isn't that wierd.

5. destronium

destronium Member

a knock off of a knock off?

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

To be fair, Roadbots aren't knock-offs, though they do borrow a lot of design cues from Alternators. The molds are all new, the scales are different, the material, models and construction are all distinct. I almost wish they DID rip off more from the Alternators, and maybe we wouldn't have ended up with so much parts-forming.

On the other hand, Happywell's products before roadbats were almost exclusively KO versions of existing molds from the Brave series, Macross, GoRanger, etc... so it's not like they're innocent of a little bootlegging.

However, I did like their KOs quite a bit. Above average quality in general.

I'm very curious about the beast-bots they announced last year. As usual, it's next to impossible to find their stuff around here. :( 

zmog

EDIT: Um... has anyone noticed that Happywell's official website is GONE? Seems to have expired. Or has it just moved?

7. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Yeah, they seem to be in the process of transitioning from a knockoff company to a legit company.

Wow, you're right. It was working for me just yesterday, but now I get the same message. Weird timing.

8. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe happywell is gettin hammered right now

9. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    You would have to wonder if that email is just another BBS/Forum scare like the Chinese sellers selling Botcon crap that was around earlier. The Botcon stuff was probably just made up by some jealous sellers who were attending Botcon and thought their "investment" might not sell for as much.. I know I had one guy I was talking to get all pissed that I got botcon early... how could I get limited figures that were only supposed to be at Botcon... hoping that his getting 10 sets and reselling the others would not be hurt by chinese sellers selling botcons also...

If this was from happywell then it is nice to know they have confirmed that they are not legit in anyway and that Kiditoys or whoever is making them is really double knocking them off.

I can always sell them without the roadbots box anyway... not a biggie.

There are tons of ppl selling them here in china... and retailers within china never get in trouble for this kind of thing. Even though that mail comes from HK, guys in HK cant do anything to mainland sellers... even HK is full of every KO and nothing happens to the sellers. Whoever makes it can also just deny that they make it, so it would be very hard to really get anything done about it.

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

11. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Email them yourself and ask, if you don't believe it. I left the email address there in the message above. (Assuming it still works now that the site is down...)

That was a real email too. It was sent privately by the guys who run Botcon. The Botcon guys have never disputed that they sent it, and they've justified sending it several times. (They say that the stolen items come out of their total order, so they end up paying for toys that never arrive on their end.) Here is a post where they justify sending the email to Chinese sellers:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=45291&view=findpost&p=907554

There are more, but I don't feel like finding all of them right now...

I can understand your skepticism, but both emails are real...

12. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    I beleive you, was just skeptical because there were and still are a lot of chinese sellers selling botcon stuff.

And a lot of the botcon stuff that was released here (especially the OP's) were production run samples, so they cant say they all came out of what they paid for... but I can understand them being upset.. maybe they should take a ProActive approach and try a factory with better security??? Just an idea instead of being super cheap and then taking it out on collectors and collectors who sell interesting stuff they find.

but honestly there is not much happywell can do inside china, and the real problem is inside china. If they really wanted to do something about it they would not get the email posted here, but get the email posted on chinese TF Forums and BBS's, and email sellers on taobao. But like I said, they wont be able to do much there so... probably not really worth their time.

13. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

My heart bleeds for the knock-off company who are getting knocked-off. I'm sure that would be a hilarious courtroom proceeding. "Your honor, they're stealing the design from us that we rightfully stole from someone else!"

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Except they're selling legit products these days. Way to support original products.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That's like saying that people can't help but take your stuff if you don't lock your door :p 

From what I've heard, these toys were produced by TakaraTomy (since TakTom are using the Classics molds)). Fun Publications cannot afford to pick and choose which factory they go to because they only have a small production run, so they need to latch onto whichever company are using those molds at that moment.

16. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

My heart bleeds for them....oh wait, no it doesn't! They might be trying to go legit now, but their past certainly was anything but. I think it's kinda funny, and I hardly think they have any room to complain. Kinda sucks when it happens to you huh Happy Well? LMAO

17. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

All I wanna know is, how can I get a red Wheeljack at a decent price? Is that too much to ask?

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Have you perhaps considered that they've been taken over by different management who want to put the company right? Just a thought, but if this is the case, then your gloating pretty much condones punishing the child for the crimes of the parent.

19. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    you know what I don't really care who makes these wether or not its Happy Well or some other Knock-off artist. I just want to know where I could order the Red version of Wheeljack to bash him into Alternators Windcharger, Does anyone how to aquire one of these?

20. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    If they are going to leave their door open , they should expect stuff to go missing. I don't leave my door open. This is china, we tend to put steel bars on our front doors and windows. They should know better, takara, hasbro whoever has enough money to afford security. They should be proactive.

Honestly, less then 1% of the stuff that is out before it should be out gets sold outside of china, 99% or more stays in china... so if they really wanted to stop this they would pay for more security. Wages are so cheap here even Fun Publications could afford to pay for extra security for the months that their stuff is being produced. It would only cost them the sales cost of a couple toys per security guard per month (at collectors club prices maybe just a damn toy or 2), so why not do it? Its not like they dont make enough money. If 1000 or more of each toy gets taken, then just use 10 or 20 of them to pay for extra securty, the greedy bums would still get 980 more toys profit. ... OR they could pay their employees fair wages like they would for american or japanese factory workers... hiring people for dirt has its pay offs. The workers deserve a fair wage, and if that is the way they have to do it then so be it. Not their fault their employers are cheap bastards only out for their own pockets... bastards that want to avoid paying for safe working environments, bastards who want to avoid paying for insurance and benefits for their employees, and bastards who dont want to pay their workers enough so that they can even afford one toy which they slave over to make all day. Damn, if I worked there I would be upset enough that I can not even purchase one of the toys I am making after a weeks work. Imagine not being able to actually afford the products you are producing... that is Really not fair. Pay the Chinese workers fair wages and hire security instead of being capitalist babies about it - OR - go back to Japan or America, get the toys made there, and then charge the people what should be being charged for them... but no .. babies cry when their toys are too expensive.

America needs more jobs now anyway, ask them to start producing in america rather then china. It would help out america's economy wouldnt it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.