[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 24, 2009.

?

[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw Post a Poll

Poll closed Sep 27, 2009.
  1. Hun-Grrr

53.6%
  2. Razorclaw

46.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

maybe not always but in general.

ans sto, why haven't you voted yet?

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

So....can you back it up" in general"??

To be honest I'm totally undecided.

I really havent been convinced by any of the arguments.

3. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

1. i just loomed a bunch of tech spech graphs and then looked at their bios. In general, if a stat on the graph was .5, they would round it up.

2. You still havent been convinced to vote for HG? as nobody refuted my argument on RC's grenades.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    refuted perhaps not but i have describe how i feel RC would use them against HG as a distraction to allow him to close on his foe and rip into HG with Sword and Claw and lets not go there on the shield as we have no information to base any assumptions on how strong it is, its going to absorb some abuse but as to how much before if is wrecked we just can't be sure of

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sorrry but I've looked over quite a few and I find no difintive evidence to back up what your claiming.

Again, your's is less n argument then it is a bias.

But I'm not dinying your right to feel that way but Smog and Grim have raised more then enough doubt to your "grenades".

Althou even their arguments havent convinced me either.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Judging from the way they are described, they probably aren't shrapnel/frag grenades. They just explode with concussive force. Tree splinters and dirt kicked up by this won't necessarily hurt Hun-Grr, but the force of the explosion would.

Razorclaw's Concussion Blaster is actually pretty big. I'm not sure if you noticed this yet, but it's not the small guns on his shoulders.. it's Predaking's gun! The gun transforms and one end becomes the X-ray laser for Predaking, while the other end becomes Razorclaw's double-barreled Concussion Blaster. As for rate of fire... it's not like it has to be manually reloaded, and it has 2 barrels, so I imagine it can be fired pretty rapidly.

Overall, this was a pretty close match. Bearing in mind Hun-Grr's stats issue (and y'know, since he's moving on to the next round, you can expect me to continue pushing this! ;)  ), Razorclaw actually probably should have taken him... but a close race like this could have gone either way, so I don't mind so much.

zmog

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Yeah it really could have gone either way in this one. I just felt Hun-Grrr had the extra 1/2 an inch to crawl away with the win. Though it was damn near impossible to come with a concrete scenario to explain how. Great match.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Looks like Hun-Grrr wins this one.

9. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    He had two mouths to feed lol.

10. SMOG

Still, disappointing that more of the esteemed regulars didn't take the Hun-Grr stats issue more seriously. I'm a bit hurt, guys. I do so much around here, and it's like nobody listens anymore. :( 

zmog

11. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    well if its any consolation Hun-grr is likely gonna be in the repair bay until about 5 minutes before his next match as he certainly did not get past Razorclaw with out getting thrashed almost as badly as he thrashed Razorclaw

12. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    I imagine once Hun-Grrr realizes that Razorclaw is dead he'd say to himself "Battle arrrrrr Over" and go into stasis lock.

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Dude, I moved a freaking purple line!

That was not easy. Had to polygonal lasso that sucker at a big magnification. :) 

You haven't addressed that, actually. I'm genuinely wondering what your opinion is regarding the potential printing issue.

- Coeloptera

14. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    I listen you big guy :D 

I just felt Hun-Grrr more. Even with the controversial stat issues.

15. SMOG

:lol  So you did! I was actually considering doing something like that myself, so I really should thank you for saving me the trouble! :D 

Isn't that what I've been doing all along? :confused: 

The way I see it is this:

- The fact that Hun-Grr's stats are all basically .5 or fractional values. This is almost unheard of in Tech Specs.

- This suggests that his stats are offset (likely a printing alignment error). But are they offset high or low?

- It seems like everyone can agree that his stats are surprisingly high, especially by the norms established in other Specs for similar characters. Also, the graph line comes in abnormally high. This suggests that if anything, the graph is offset higher than it should be. Leveling it down seems to be the most probable option.

As soon as we open the door to the graph being at the wrong elevation, one could argue the stats are useless, but I don't think it's that extreme. Even without the elevation problem, I would have rounded them down because they don't spike at the levels required to achieve a 9 or 10 or whatever. In this case, bumping the graph down to the common 5 entry point seems to give us solid, sensible stats for Hun-Grr.

This also makes his Firepower equal to Onslaught, who by all appearances, uses the exact same type of side-arm... another match.

I don't think it's such a radical notion. I'm kind of surprised that so many people are resistant to the idea.

Fair enough. We all have our little favourites.

But based on the adjusted stats... hmmm...

STR: Razorclaw: 8 / Hun-Grr: 9
    INT: Razorclaw: 9 / Hun-Grr: 7
    SPD: Razorclaw: 4 / Hun-Grr: 3
    END: Razorclaw: 9 / Hun-Grr: 9
    RNK: Razorclaw: 8 / Hun-Grr: 8
    COR: Razorclaw:10 / Hun-Grr: 9
    FRP: Razorclaw: 7 / Hun-Grr: 8
    SKL: Razorclaw: 7 / Hun-Grr: 5

zmog

16. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

sorry SMOg but when you bump HG stats down he gets a lot less powerful. Why cant you accept the fact that Hun-gurrr has very high stats? Hes probably the most powerful combiner leader, and most transformers would lose to him 1 on 1. Until you accept Hun-gurrrs stats the way they are im not arguing with you.

17. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Do you understand that the whole point of SMOG's argument is that Hun-Grr is over powered? Of course he's less powerful when you round down, if fact that's the definition of rounding down. The problem is that he's never really portrayed as the powerhouse the stats make him out to be. Even the Bio itself never really indicates that he outclasses all other charactors in his class, if he was really that powerful, don't you think it would have been mentioned. And no one has offered a strong counter argument, especially tech spec to tech spec.

Oh, and stating that you disagree with someone, then saying you're not going to argue with them in the next sentence is pretty pointless.

18. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

im just saying that Hun-gurrr is not overpowered. there is no reason to believe he should be, just personal opinion.

19. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I acctually read quiet a few reasons to believe they're inflated. Then went and checked for myself and decided that some very interesting and reasonable points were being made, and even managed to enjoy myself while doing it.

For you to decide not to believe is fine, but insisting some one else stop talking about is just rude.

20. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    this from the guy who wants to give MM's sword more power than can be rightfully attributed to it and have HG's shield be imperverious when we have nothing to show exactly how strong it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.