[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 24, 2009.

?

[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw Post a Poll

Poll closed Sep 27, 2009.
  1. Hun-Grrr

53.6%
  2. Razorclaw

46.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

well written Smog and i think Burnedalive lets him self get to focused on the tech specs and bios and can't see the more strategic issues and fails to understand how outside factors can effect things

2. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

1.The tech spechs are always rounded up. there is no exception.

2. what you dont understand about sonic weapons is that there are 2 kinds of sonic weapons: theres the one that emits extremely powerful low-frequency waves that cause objects they impact with to resonate and collapse, and theres ones that fire an extremely thin high-frequency wave like a laser. I assume that Hun-gurrrs rifle is the second type. The second type of laser is relatively unaffected by obstacles. it simply smashes everything it hits. You are right about the second one. THe second one would be affected by trees and other obstacles. However, I am quite sure that HG uses the first one.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Oh really? :lol 

Show me some more tech-specs that need to be rounded up. As I mentioned before almost without exception, the peak spike of the graph intersects with the lines for both the Attribute and the Rating. Also almost without exception, all Tech Specs graph lines enter around the 5 mark or lower.

By the apparent standard, Hun-Grr is the exception... which makes him stand out as a potential error.

You just contradicted yourself there, but I think that was a typo, no?

Anyway, being "relatively unaffected by obstacles" isn't really saying anything. A knife is relatively unaffected by a piece of paper, but considerably obstructed by the Sunday Edition newspaper. The sonic gun is just a gun. It's not a magic beam of kill-everything. :) 

zmog

4. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

1. juts go look at a bunch of tech spech graphs, and there tech specs in their bios

2. when i say "relatively unaffected by obstacles i mean that obstacles have no effect on it. since the pulse has such a high frequency, it shatters anything it comes in contact with.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I have. Many times. What I'm asking you to do is find me some examples of graphs that should be "rounded up" or ones that start higher than 5 on the chart.

There IS NO RULE regarding the rounding up of Tech Specs... mainly because the vast majority of evidence suggests that they are not supposed to spike between brackets (especially not every stat, as with HG). Hun-Grr is an exception because he is an error.

Earlier you also cited Onslaught as having a 7.5 Firepower rating, which he rather clearly and unambiguously does not... which leads me to believe you aren't looking that carefully.

All things are obstructed by obstacles. This is simple fact.

However, I do agree that trees are not going to be especially good cover against any kind of relatively powerful TF blaster. Razorclaw's weapon is an exception because it seems to be a contact explosive (much like missiles).

What I am saying however is that Hun-Grr is not going to land many hits firing blindly into the brush... and eventually his shots are going to be stopped by obstacles (depending on how deep in the woods Razorclaw is).

While dense forest can be an obstruction for BOTH of them, it won't always be, since there will still be occasional clearings, paths and openings, not to mention rock faces, cliffs and other elevated vantage points.

And again, let's remember that Razorclaw's weapon is explosive in nature, so at closer ranges, mere proximity to the blast will be sufficient to do damage (and clear some trees with the concussion no doubt). As well, I pointed out that because the cannisters are apparently not self-propelled, he has the option of arcing his shots, so they come down on Hun-Grr from above... eliminating some of the obstruction issues.

zmog

6. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

1 Razorclaw wont be able to arc his shots, as they would just hit the tree branches. And i doubt that razorlcaws grenades have the explosive power to knock a whole set of trees down. I think his grenades would probably knock down a tree or 2 at the most.

7. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    RC could and i think would arc his grenades/ cannisters and it quite clear you have little experience with any sort of firearm, grenade launchers are designed to allow for lobbing to allow them to fire on targets behind cover and its takes a solid impact to set off the contact fuse the grenades likely use ( if they aren't on a timed fuse) and a tree branch isn't likely going to be enough to set off one as large as what RC would be firing

8. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

you dont get it. If he tries to lob a grenade it would just hit the tree branches or tree limbs.

9. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    If you're really supporting RC, I don't think you want to make this a discussion of his firepower. He's heavily outgunned in this match, and a point of intelligence isn't going to make any difference against an almost equally sly opponent. RC's outgunned, out muscled, and his opponent is more damage resistant than he is. His best shot in this match is to try to get close and put his sword to work. In a long distance contest, a point of skill doesn't make up for the edge in Endurance and the two point edge in Firepower Hungurr has. The forest would get leveled in the process between these two heavily armed opponents, making Hungurr's advantages in damage dealing all that much more deadly.

10. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    yes it might but they may not provide enough of an impact to set it off and even if the grenade/canister did go off it would obliterate the tree tops and clear the way for a second shot, and like i said you seem to have little to no experience with firearms while my own is far from extensive it is seeming more than yours, and grenades don't have top his directly to do harm in fact they normally are mean to hit close to the target and spray it with shrapnel causing massive injuries not with HG it would take several hits to same place to get through his armor. I am not saying HG can't win but you are not giving enough credit to RC and perhaps a bit too much to HG just as you did in the last battle with WG and MM

11. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    HG is a nasty brute that i do not disagree with that but look at the stats :
    Strength:
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:8
    Intelligence:
    Hun-Grrr:8 Razorclaw:9
    Speed:
    Hun-Grrr:3 Razorclaw:4
    Firepower:
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:7
    Skill:
    Hun-Grrr:6 Razorclaw:7
    Endurance:
    Hun-Grrr:10 Razorclaw:9
    Courage:
    Hun-Grrr:10 Razorclaw:10
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:8

only 1 point difference in strength so the one point advantage in skill would compensate for that as for the firepower some of HG's is clearly for his Sonic Rifle but also his ability to reguritate what he has eaten as missiles
    must be counted, but i do agree that sooner or later RC is gonna take it up close and personal im just trying to make the point that RC's grenade/canister launchers aren't useless in this enviroment. In the end this is a very close match despite what some believe and its going to end up in hand to hand combat with RC's sword do terrific damage to HG as well as RC's claws, and for the record i call 3 or more points advantage in fire power heavily out gunned 2 or less is just out gunned

12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I picked Hun-Grrr. Two-headed dragons are awesome!

13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

listen, i shot a grenade launcher at a shooting range, so dont say i dont know how to use them or how they work. and by the time RC destroys the branches with one grenade and fires another HG will have moved. and shrapnel doesn't hurt HG, it may kill/injure humans and penetrate light vehicles but theres no way shrapnel is going to even slightly hurt HG.

14. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

dont forget HG also has one more point than RC in endurance. And HG and RC are just about even at close range, as HG is stronger and has a shield and RC has a sword.

15. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    and lets not forget that sword is not an ordinary sword it is made to shatter the structure of metals so that shield likely would not last long against it and we still have zero info on that shield other that it forms Abominus' chest so its impossible to know how well it would hold up to Razorclaw's sword or his claws for that matter, and RC is more skillful and skill will over come brute strength every time, and a shield is poor weapon in melee combat. As for the grenade launcher and the shrapnel the grenades are going to be larger than what humans use and i think that TC would use it more to distract HG and give him openings for fast hit and run strikes with claws or sword

16. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Im guessing that RC's grenade launchers are the size of small artillery guns, and i highly doubt that the shrapnel from them would hurt HG.

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Hun-Grrr wins. Though he will certainly be beat the f#@k up something fierce.

18. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    True.

19. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    honestly probably not but as i said RC would use them to cause distractions and throw debris into the air and make it hard for HG to see him comming and omega is correct both competitors are gonna be seriously messed up in fact it might be hard to tell the winner from the loser

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Can you back that up with an example please????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.