[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 24, 2009.

?

[RMF] Final: #1 Hun-Grrr vs #2 Razorclaw Post a Poll

Poll closed Sep 27, 2009.
  1. Hun-Grrr

53.6%
  2. Razorclaw

46.4%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Rocky Mountain Forest Championship

Final: #1 Seed Hun-Grrr vs #2 Seed Razorclaw

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), September 26th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Hun-Grrr defeated: Buzzsaw, Hot Rod & Steeljaw

Razorclaw defeated: Bombshell, Skydive & Roadbuster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HUN-GRRR

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: TERRORCON
    FUNCTION: TERRORCON LEADER

"Eat only what you need - destroy the rest."

Profile: He has two mouths to feed - his own - and spends most of his time doing it. Since his mouth is usually full, his orders are usually misinterpreted. Prefers eating non-living to living things... doesn't like anything that might still be wriggling about after he swallows it.

Abilities: Can refashion digested materials and spit them out as crude missiles. Has powerful sonic stun gun in robot mode. Combines with fellow Terrorcons to form Abominus.

Weaknesses: None Listed

RAZORCLAW

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: PREDACON
    FUNCTION: PREDACON COMMANDER

"All good things succumb to those who wait."

Profile: Razorclaw is all business - cruel, brutal business. He despises waste in any form. He does not spend a second of his time or burn a drop of his fuel unless he's certain of tangible results. In his case, that typically takes the form of the smoking wreckage of an enemy Autobot. Those who are not familiar with him often mistake his long stretches of inactivity for laziness and disinterest. That can be a fatal mistake. For, upon closer inspection, one would see that his eyes never close, that they are constantly shifting their gleaming steely stare, monitoring all they see. And when Razorclaw observes that the moment is just right, he explodes into furious, ferocious action. These belligerent bursts of energy usually only last a few seconds, but that's usually all it takes for Razorclaw to demolish an opponent. Afterwards, he returns to his resting state - keeping his own counsel, watching all around him... and waiting for the next right moment to strike!

Abilities: Razorclaw has enormous strength. In lion mode, he can leap distances as long as a football field. His claws can rip through foot-thick steel with one swipe and allow him to climb up the sides of buildings by digging into their walls. He can run at 90 mph. In both lion and robot modes, he has twin concussion blasters that shoot capsules that explode on contact and release a volatile gas. In robot mode, he wields a sonic sword. It emits powerful vibrations that shatter the crystalline molecular structures of metals on contact, enhancing the sword's cutting power tenfold. He combines with his fellow Predacons to form the giant robot Predaking.

Weaknesses: Razorclaw is sometimes partially immobilized by his joints locking in place following his often long periods of inactivity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:8
    Intelligence:
    Hun-Grrr:8 Razorclaw:9
    Speed:
    Hun-Grrr:3 Razorclaw:4
    Firepower:
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:7
    Skill:
    Hun-Grrr:6 Razorclaw:7
    Endurance:
    Hun-Grrr:10 Razorclaw:9
    Courage:
    Hun-Grrr:10 Razorclaw:10
    Hun-Grrr:9 Razorclaw:8

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Not that it has anything to do with anything but Razorclaw definitely had the harder road getting to this point. I must say that I am leaning towards Hun-grrr simply because in battles like this I tend to put more weight on Strength, Firepower and Endurance (Hun-Grrr) than I do on Intelligence and Speed (Razorclaw).

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    not voting yet but this one looks like it gonna be a full on brutal slug fest

4. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

I have to say Hun-gurr in this one. The trees give him plenty of things to eat so he can spit missiles at razorclaw, while blasting away at him with his sonic rifle. Hun-Gurr has razorclaw overpowered and outgunned. Hun-gurrr's massive 10 endurance means he can take anything razorclaw throws at him, while dishing out huge amounts of damage with his 9 firepower. Here is my breakdown of advantages and disatvantages

Razorclaw's advantages:

slightly more intelligent
    slighly more skilled
    slightly faster

Hun-gurrs advantages:
    More firepower and weapons
    slightly more endurance
    slightly more strength
    plenty of trees to eat for missile ammunition

I see the scenario as this: Razorclaw will be moving around in lion mode shooting gas grenades at Hun-gurrr while trying to do hit-and-run strikes with his sword. Hun-gurrr Can counter this by outgunning Razorclaw at range, and use his superior strength to beat razorclaw in melee combat. Simply put, Hun-gurrr can defeat Razorclaw at range and at melee combat, so razorclaw is at a disadvantage when it comes to his attack options.

I still think this is going to be one serious brawl, and even though I think Hun-Gurrr is going to win, hes going to walk away with so many cuts
    and wounds you'd hardly recognize him.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I do think Razorclaw has a good chance but I'm leaning twards Hun-Grrr.

But I'll wait for some arguments before I vote.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Don't forget Skill. :) 

But yeah... as things appear here, I actually see a pretty close fight, but with Hun-Grr coming out on top with his ability to both absorb and deal more damage. Razorclaw's Speed, Skill and Intelligence edges are not enough of an equalizer.

However
    , in a recent bout the question has been raised as to how accurate Hun-Grr's stats really are. Once it was pointed out to me, I really do think it's likely (if perhaps difficult to prove) that his stats must be rounded down to get a more accurate reading.

That still makes him really tough, but puts Razorclaw on slightly more even footing.

In "melee" combat, I think Razorclaw will actually have the edge, and with his more subtle personality, leaping and higher speed, I think he will bring the fight to Hun-Grr. Better that than having to deal with his Firepower.

Think about it. Razorclaw has his teeth and claws in Lion mode... not a bad match for Hun-Grr's twin maws... but in Robot mode he has that nasty Sonic Sword. With it's impressive cutting power, and his slightly higher Skill, I think it could give him a fighting chance. Hun Grr would probably stay in Dragon mode, since at close range, his Robot mode is under-equipped for such a duel.

Still not sure...

zmog

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Close... to close to call right now, I don't think either of them will come away from this with out a lot of scars.

8. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I'm giving to Razorclaw the stats are just too close and the terrain favors him IMO.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Hun Gurr takes this not easy but I cant see him loose. Here is Why:

They are both primitives and the inviorment fits both with a slight favour to rAzerclaw but not enough to favour it in battle.

Hun Gurr ( and I do hope this wont turn into another long discussion like MMs sword) will block Razerclaws swrord with his shiled. This shiled is Hun Gurrs and he will use it effectivly to protect himself against Sword attack. Sure we never seen him use it but the art box on the box and toyitself clearly shows him wearing it and imo he is able to.

He is stronger and have more firepower and the shiled can also block the incomming fire from Razerclaw imo.

Now I know alot will say two things 1) the skill thing witch I am so tired of hearing..the skill is close it makes no diffrence in this battle and it can be alot of things. 2) The shiled Hun Gurr is eqiupeed with.

EDIT: Box art with shield.

[​IMG]

I still say Hun Gurr takes it but Razerclaw is good but the shiled is to helpful for Hun Gurr and gives him the edge he will need to win and even to take down the rest of the opponents to the championship.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I do fear the shield debate, I say he has it and its basically just a damn though chunk of metal, it will stop a some of razor claws attacks but in real world human tearms, the shield or the arm of the person using it tends to give in before the sword or its user does.

Anyway I don't think the shield is as bad as MM sword, I don't think anyone is going to argue its a make of brake thing for this fight, it might slow down the fight getting to it end but I don't think it will drastically change things either way. Its not like its listed as having some super power as a chestplate that it could or couldn't have as a shield.

I am leaning more towards Hun-Gurr right now but I'm far from convinced enough to give him my vote yet.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm not sure if it's fair to call these 2 alien super-robots with top level intelligence "primitives", but I think I know what you mean anyway.

I have no problem with him having the shield... I just don't think it'll be a big advantage. A shield is nice, but I'd rather have a sword. :) 

Also, although I'm sure it's very tough (it would have to be to have any worth to someone as tough as Hun-Grr), the shield doesn't seem to have any special properties. Considering the special power attributed to the Sonic Sword, that Shield will probably not last all that long.

In terms of Firepower, although the shield might protect against direct attacks and the immediate explosive blast from Razorclaw's gun, due to the fact that it functions very much like an incendiary grenade launcher, it will likely bypass the shield (easy attained by detonating next to or behind Hun-Grr ) to say nothing of the fiery cloud generated by the release of the volatile gas.

But I admit, in a very close battle, it's one more thing Hun-Grr can use. Strategically thinking, Razorclaw will likely know that Hun-Grr's Sonic Gun is the first thing he should try to take out, and the shield will make that a little more difficult.

Agreed.

Though I suspect Omnus will be building his argument on The Shield. :) 

zmog

12. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    I like it. This is another match that I think could truly go either way. Hungrr has a very slim stat lead, but Razorclaw has a terrain advantage and a truly dangerous sounding sword. I agree that the sword probably trumps the shield, simply because H's bio is shorter and doesn't go into any detail about its properties, whereas R's sword is described as being very lethal.

Here's what I see as the key points: With a two point lead in firepower and a slight edge in endurance, it's possible Hungrr could lay down a withering barrage (taking plenty of damage in return) that would prevent Razorclaw from getting close. Of course, it's also possible that using his edge in skill and intelligence that Razorclaw could stalk Hungrr to get close enough to make the match a melee contest, with I believe would favor Razorclaw. Either way, it's going to be very close.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Hun-gurrrs shield makes up abominus's chest, and in the cartoon and comics most laser blasts and missiles harmlessly bounce off his chest, so hun-gurrrs shield must be pretty strong.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

In direct melee combat a sword is actually as good an in some case better defence than a shield, a sword in each hand is just pure deadly.

I can't fault your logic on the shields protective value either but then Hun-Gurr looks like he's just going to shrug off most attacks any way, with endurance of 10 the shield does seem a little like over kill.

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Abominus endurance is 10 the same as Hun-Gurr, not going to agrue that is a damn though hunk of metal but it on a TF already made of damn though metal, Hun-Gurr is deffinatly maxed out on the defence here.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yes the Shield would be of some use but if you read Razorclaw's bio his claws can tear through foot thick steel and his sonic sword shatters the crystalline structure of metals on contact so Hun-Grr's shield may not last more than a couple of hits all depends on exactly how tough it is

17. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

it could go either way but i gave the win to razorclaw

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hun-Grr for the win!

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    "If it's a beast war you want, I'll be happy to oblige".

Hun-Grr will savagely defeat Razorclaw like how Cybertron Scourge, another three headesd dragon, can beat Leobreaker another lion former.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The shiled when it goes on abominus could be the same as Motermaster sword. I dont see Motermaster have the volt charge as Menasor does and the shild when it attaches to Abominus get certein attributes that enhance it.

Yes Razerclaws claws are deadly but he needs to be in Lion Form to use those if I presume correctly.- In beast mode Hun gurr can attach from two angels since he is two headed. Razerclaw can attack from one.

Dont forget Hun Gurrs abilety to eat dirt and shoot it out of the other mouth as a weapon in " Call of the Primates episode, So he always has a way of attacking with range weapon. This skill however need him to stand still to use it.

I also agrre that the shiled is not super ipenatrable ( maybe when its on abominus as I said first) but it will still give Hun Gurr to avoid a few attacks and give him a opening to fire. He can also protect himself from a graned cluster bomb even if the shild breaks (whitch I doubt) he will not take much damadge on it, atleast not that time.

I still hold hun gurr in favour but they are two very skilled deceptiocn's.