[RMF-3] Semifinal #1: #2 Razorclaw vs #3 Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Sep 9, 2009.

?

[RMF-3] Semifinal #1: #2 Razorclaw vs #3 Roadbuster

Poll closed Sep 11, 2009.
  1. Razorclaw

52.1%
  2. Roadbuster

47.9%
  1. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Back to obscurity RoadBuster!! Go back to the bottom toy shelf you call home as you were a lame excuse for an Autobot and were cut from G1 forever. Being recycled and dubbed " a wrecker" means nothing. NOTHING!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaa.....AHhahahahahahahahaha!!! :ev: 

Razorclaw wins.

2. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

Pleanty of transformers have powers guns and abilitys in their tech specs that are ignored.

He meant the forest fire...

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Tacitron, read Windchargers Tech Spec and tell me if that is at all the bot you know from G1. Then get back to me.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Vote Razorclaw! A name you can...be terrified of.

Mostly I just like treating these as tactical "word problems".

I'm joking about the "Warthog" thing, Omnus, due to Roadbuster's resemblance to Halo's Master Chief.

His vehicle mode is far too low to the ground and broad.

And I see that the winner is...the kitteh!

Now I have to dash over to the Hun-Grrr vs. Steeljaw thread and see how the other lion in...this...oh.

Poor cassette-kitty.

- Coeloptera

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Very true. :)  I agree that Roadbuster's alt mode doesn't quite conform to what we now recognize as an "off road" vehicle, though I guess that's where we have to accept some creative license. The Specs describe him as being able to handle rough terrain, so we have to assume that his wheel base has some kind of height adjustment or something (though of course probably everything in his Spec is really just derived from Budiansky quickly glancing over a photo of the original Japanese toy, and extrapolating loosely on what he sees. :)  ).

However, that still says nothing about an ability to traverse even broken, semi-vertical ground, or pass between trees that are clearly too narrowly spaced for him, so the forest is still kind of an issue for him.

This happened in the last tournament too... a huge turnout sprouted up around the semi-finals... particularly involving better-liked, more "important" characters. Also, the voting period is longer, right?

Exactly, on both counts. Red00wolf's totally got my back here. Thanks bud! :thumbs2: 

No, I'm not comparing Razorclaw's Firepower to Metroplex's. I'm comparing Metroplex's Firepower to packets of sugar. Can't you read? ;) 

Didn't you see that? They used the words "packets" in describing Metroplex's gun. Since the word "packet" has a diminutive, non-threatening association for me (just like "capsule") , I have to assume that this means his guns are actually feeble and ineffectual, despite their high score. It's the only logical explanation.

*cough*

I don't know. I just decided for myself what was bullshit, but now you're getting on my case. Don't you support my "right to decide for myself" when something is bullshit? ;) 

I wasn't referring to your points in particular... but, regarding some of the specious (yeah, your word) arguments put forward from certain members of the Roadbuster camp (arguments with little foundation in any of the established or implicit "facts", as determined by the available canon), I got tired of using sissy elitist terms like "absurd", "ridiculous" and "problematic" and skip directly to good ol' blue-collar "bullshit" to get the job done. :D 

Considering how peripheral both of these characters were (at best) in the other media, even that is tricky. But I think the info in the profiles gives us enough to go on. There's no reason to look to the meager scraps of portrayal they've gotten in other media for reasons to contradict what is explained in the stats and profiles... ie, no reason to suddenly question whether Razorclaw really has a gun, or whether that gun fires capsules full of pixie dust, or if his sword is actually worthless or not. Y'know... laughable WTF stuff like that.

That's what kind of got on my nerves. The fact that the voting itself was so close doesn't bother me, because these two really ARE closely matched... and I like them both quite a bit. It was only terrain and circumstance that really emphasized Razorclaw's advantages for me, and so I voted that way. In a different scenario, I might have been championing Roadbuster just as easily... though for what I'd consider the "right reasons" naturally. ;) 

zmog

6. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh... did you have to make me love Razorclaw even more? I do iaijutsu and I agree that Razorclaw really has the personality for it.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Heh heh... I'm a fencer myself (also a fighting style that hinges on minimalism and conservation of energy), so I know what you mean. Razorclaw's style really does evoke one of those elegantly pragmatic martial arts. Let your opponent do the work and show you his weaknesses, no wasted motion, the shortest distance between 2 points, etc...

Though he does only have 7 Skill, so I might stop short of depicting him as a master. Could be his talent really is an raw, animal instinct of sorts.

zmog